Nokia 735 screen dimming problem

Ste Wilkins1

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up a Nokia 735 nice phone but has a problem with the screen dimming when using apps with a bright background ie facebook ect, turned off all the battery saving options and auto brightness adjust but it still does it and tbh it's annoying.

Is this a feature of AMOLED on Nokia phones to stop the screen from getting image retention or is it a bug or hardware defect.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a Nokia 735 nice phone but has a problem with the screen dimming when using apps with a bright background ie facebook ect, turned off all the battery saving options and auto brightness adjust but it still does it and tbh it's annoying.

Is this a feature of AMOLED on Nokia phones to stop the screen from getting image retention or is it a bug or hardware defect.
switch off auto brightness, then you can adjust brightness according to you, but medium/low will be better

Ste Wilkins1

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've goggled and it seems quite common problem.

Basically what happening is when you go on anything with a white background the display dims by about 10% no matter what brightness setting your set at.

Everything that would cause this problem on the phone is switched off ie battery saving screen options ect, it's even been suggested turning off tap to wake but problem remains.

Now it still not know if it a hardware issue of a software one, but it been reported that it also does this on Windows 10 aswell, so looking more like a power issue with the screen itself.

Rather than faff around with the phone I've packed it up & it's going back to Amazon for a refund, as a replacement could potentially also have this problem aswell, luckily I have a 640 which is superb the 735 was originally for the girlfriend ie selfies ect, but i think I'll just get her a 640 instead.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've goggled and it seems quite common problem.

Basically what happening is when you go on anything with a white background the display dims by about 10% no matter what brightness setting your set at.

Everything that would cause this problem on the phone is switched off ie battery saving screen options ect, it's even been suggested turning off tap to wake but problem remains.

Now it still not know if it a hardware issue of a software one, but it been reported that it also does this on Windows 10 aswell, so looking more like a power issue with the screen itself.

Rather than faff around with the phone I've packed it up & it's going back to Amazon for a refund, as a replacement could potentially also have this problem aswell, luckily I have a 640 which is superb the 735 was originally for the girlfriend ie selfies ect, but i think I'll just get her a 640 instead.

10% dim can be ignored, best of luck for your future

Stefan Kozovski

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Man, do you got working auto adjustments brightness?
I got same problem , and i think is related with the problem i'm facing. My auto adjustment brightness is not working. When i turn it on, and check it after 1 sec. it says off...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss