My 640 which I got from T-Mobile, rarely every uses Wi-Fi for calls and when it does I can't text off of it. I remember on previous lumias it said wifi calling and all the signal bars were filled. This guy shows the wifi bars and a tiny phone next to it, very rarely though. Is everybody else's like this?
    07-05-2015 12:25 PM
    Yeah for some reason, you can't text (or at least with pictures anyway) with wifi. I think that is more of a general T-mobile bug with wifi calling. Does this just happen with picture messages or also with general messages too?
    07-05-2015 12:50 PM
    General messages as well. It's odd because I also have T-Mobile cellspot router being that I live in the middle of nowhere. I'm connected to it now but Wi-Fi calling doesn't work or messages.

Yeah for some reason, you can't text (or at least with pictures anyway) with wifi. I think that is more of a general T-mobile bug with wifi calling. Does this just happen with picture messages or also with general messages too?
    07-05-2015 12:54 PM
    By default it's set to always use wifi when available. That can be changed in the sim settings. I have mine set to cellular preferred so it only uses wifi when there isn't a cell signal available. That said, I haven't had any issues with it working while on wifi. Calling and texting have both worked fine.
    07-05-2015 04:30 PM
    My 640 which I got from T-Mobile, rarely every uses Wi-Fi for calls and when it does I can't text off of it. I remember on previous lumias it said wifi calling and all the signal bars were filled. This guy shows the wifi bars and a tiny phone next to it, very rarely though. Is everybody else's like this?
    Did you input the apn settings or just keep it on auto?
    07-06-2015 11:58 PM
    That's not a bug at all... Sms uses the phone for text. You don't text off wifi unless you download an app for it. I don't know if the store has an app or not... Android does, but I'm new to win phones

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    07-07-2015 02:29 AM
    Well my 925 worked great with wifi calling and text in the past. Picture messages didn't work though but at least regular text did. This guy does none of that. I tested earlier today when it showed the wifi calling symbol and it went to voice mail on a test call.

That's not a bug at all... Sms uses the phone for text. You don't text off wifi unless you download an app for it. I don't know if the store has an app or not... Android does, but I'm new to win phones

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    07-07-2015 12:08 PM
    I use my 635 in WiFi calling mode all the time for texting SMS and media messages MMS (pictures/videos). Initially it didn't work on my 521 unless I was on Cell, but after the 8.1 update it began working on all my Window Phone devices. I haven't received the 640 yet but it will be one of the first things I try.
    07-07-2015 02:21 PM
    Oh that's another phone I had with no issues!

I use my 635 in WiFi calling mode all the time for texting SMS and media messages MMS (pictures/videos). Initially it didn't work on my 521 unless I was on Cell, but after the 8.1 update it began working on all my Window Phone devices. I haven't received the 640 yet but it will be one of the first things I try.
    07-07-2015 05:12 PM
    Are you guys still having issues with the 640 and Wifi calling?
    Picture messaging is quite important to me as I like to send them out to my friends when I travel and what not or just the random selfie or foodie :D

I have an iPhone 6 on tmobile with no issues with picture messaging and I am considering the 640 but this thread has me worried a bit lol
    07-18-2015 08:17 PM
    Are you guys still having issues with the 640 and Wifi calling?
    Picture messaging is quite important to me as I like to send them out to my friends when I travel and what not or just the random selfie or foodie :D

I have an iPhone 6 on tmobile with no issues with picture messaging and I am considering the 640 but this thread has me worried a bit lol
    I don't use Wifi calling so I don't know if my response will be helpful or not. I have had no issues sending and receiving picture messages with the 640.
    07-18-2015 09:33 PM
    I don't use Wifi calling so I don't know if my response will be helpful or not. I have had no issues sending and receiving picture messages with the 640.
    Lol can you give it a try and get back with me haha

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one
    07-18-2015 09:47 PM
    Lol can you give it a try and get back with me haha

I just tried sending 2 pictures to myself with Wifi preferred and I got both pictures.
    07-18-2015 09:58 PM
    I just tried sending 2 pictures to myself with Wifi preferred and I got both pictures.

libra89 likes this.
    07-18-2015 10:00 PM
    It seems to be hit or miss on my new 640. When on WiFi only I got the notification of a media message but it wouldn't download. This was the same symptoms I had with the 521 before the 8.1 update.
    07-20-2015 05:59 PM
    I had to update my apn settings to be able to send pictures via Wifi calling. And that took some doing before finding something that actually worked!
    07-23-2015 08:54 PM