Lumia 535 issues

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I am facing following issues with my Lumia 535 dual sim.

1. Music/Video stops automatically while travelling.
2. Touch is not working properly when the phone is charging.
3. Unable to switch off the phone at the time of charging.
4. call dropped
5. Poor response from customer care/service center even they are playing a blame game with each other. For that reason customer suffers without getting proper service .

According to Microsoft authorized service center they are unable to provide solution for some of the problems as stated above since its in-built problem of Lumia 535 and they didn't get any solution form Microsoft as well. (Service Center is in kolkata, near Moulali)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll need to listen to what support are saying to you, because these issues you raised aren't all related to the handset.

If anything, only item 2 in your list might be a fault with the handset itself.

The Music/Video issue might because you're losing connectivity (if you're streaming content).
Windows Phone will typically keep awake while charging, you can't turn it off and charge at the same time
Call dropping might be caused by your operator or SIM card. You'll need to contact your service provider to help with this one.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1) if you're streaming then it's your network hand off. If it's local content then it's an issue

2) 535 has a touch issue, this may be related to that. Contact Microsoft repair and get the screen replaced

3) known behavior

4) again network handoff and/or fault SIM

5) depends on who you're talking to. Mileage may vary depending on your support assistant

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
First of all you should understand
default behaviours of windows phone. As you are asking about switching off phone during charging. Are you new to wp ?

1. If you are streaming any content then this should be a network error.....if its your saved file then it may be issue or have you tried to play full hd videos bcz snapdragon 200 doesn't support all hd video formats.only few.
As far as music it seems an issue.

2. Since its launch Lumia 535 faced touch response issues...its worldwide problem...but there are several updates were pushed to solved that.

3 . As I mentioned first wp doesn't switch off while charging. As detect any power source it boots up.

4. Call dropping may be due to defective sim card .contact service provider and ask for replacement.

5.poor response from customer care is not new thing. They only try to save their pants off..nobody will take blame on themselves.
Also depends on employees.as well as you sometime.

First of all
You can do hard reset your phone
It will try to fix several issues

If it doesn't solve then you can use Nokia software recovery tool...you can find it MS website how to use it.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Dear All,
There are two issues which authorized service centre itself agreed that they wont be able to provide the solution. One is music stops automatically and another is touch is not working properly when the phone is charging. Since these are the genuine problems of Lumia 535 and according to them they have already informed the same to Microsoft and still waiting for the solution. Now if company itself conceded these issues and not able to provide the solution and harassing their customer by playing unnecessary blame game, as a customer what I should do....
Service centre and customer care should raise their hand to help the customer , not to harass since we have spent money to buy their product and service.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no blame game here. If your problems are defined by system or hardware constraints, there's nothing you can do about it. Support can't do anything other than cover the operating system and hardware as they've been designed.

You need to face the issues you have instead of assuming that there's a problem that has to be fixed by Microsoft.

Why do you need the phone to be powered down while charging?

You've mentioned your music stopping while travelling, but haven't said what music service you're using or whether that media is physically on your phone or not.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I am just simply playing audio song through the inbuilt music player , and I am not assuming anything, It's company's authorized service centre has said that these are the issues which customers are facing with Lumia 535, even customer care executive is also communicated with the service centre executive regarding the matter and asked them to take back the hand set for repairing but they refused to accept that. according to them its doesn't make any sense to deposit the hand set , since they dnt have any solution.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so now I'm confused.

It appears that you're not really wanting help with your issues.

What is it you're asking for? You probably realise that this community isn't an official Microsoft forum and there's no official Microsoft presence or support here.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Amit, a lot of these issues as mentioned are things that the os does by default. You seem to be getting a negative reaction here and I'm not entirely sure why. However in the midst of that there are a few nuggets of wisdom you should try -

Hard reset, this is in settings and about if I recall rightly, this erases the phone, this may iron out any issues if they are related to the os. Another is keep a look out for updates, there have been several that attempt to fix any touch issues, I have a 535 and have no significant issues with the touch on it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not negative reaction as such, I'm just trying to work out what the issues are and how we can help.

A hard reset doesn't solve everything - it certainly won't make the phone charge while being powered off.. I don't think it's appropriate to suggest a hard reset without being reasonably sure that it'll fix the issue in question.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It's not negative reaction as such, I'm just trying to work out what the issues are and how we can help.

A hard reset doesn't solve everything - it certainly won't make the phone charge while being powered off.. I don't think it's appropriate to suggest a hard reset without being reasonably sure that it'll fix the issue in question.
It may fix the music issue, and dropped calls potentially. Sure it may not however I have seen the impact a hard reset has on windows 10 inital installs to get them behaving. If there is code malfunctioning why not try a hard reset? Sure this might not be the issue, however could it hurt to try.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
You are still confused? Whatever issues I am facing with Lumia 535 is already discussed, Now I am confused that whether these issues will get resolved or not. I got the same negative reaction from the service centre and customer care also. Still I am waiting for the call from the technical team which supposed to be get within 24 hrs after lodging the compliant.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
My friend Amit roy4 don't get confused and frustrated.
The moral of this story is that
If your problem doesn't sort out by hard reset or by using software recovery tool (or your sim replacement as you mentioned call drop) then you should send your device to service centre.as in your home you can't do much more than that with your device.

Have you personally visit any care centre or service centre....you should do it. Instead of doing calls and waiting for call back from service centre.

There is website called Microsoft store locator previously it was Nokia. Go and type your city or nearest city name and select care centre you will find nearest service centres. Link is below

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...in%2Fmobile%2Fstore-locator%2F&token=2wCGydEz

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Dear Sir, For ur kind info, I have already visited 3/4 times to the service centre personally, even customer care advised me to handover the phone for repairing but unfortunately they didn't accept it. Reason??? Already discussed.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I have already conveyed this msg to customer care and lodged a complaint, they assured that I will get a call from technical team within 24 hrs, but 24 hrs already crossed I am still waiting for the same. It's really harassing.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I am facing following issues with my Lumia 535 dual sim.

1. Music/Video stops automatically while travelling.
2. Touch is not working properly when the phone is charging.
3. Unable to switch off the phone at the time of charging.
4. call dropped
5. Poor response from customer care/service center even they are playing a blame game with each other. For that reason customer suffers without getting proper service .

According to Microsoft authorized service center they are unable to provide solution for some of the problems as stated above since its in-built problem of Lumia 535 and they didn't get any solution form Microsoft as well. (Service Center is in kolkata, near Moulali)

3rd point is for every Lumia....
-Touch problem can never be 100% fixed b'cz it is hardware issue.
-call drop problem can be fixed by:-
--handle your phone in correct way
--press the lock button once

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
If device behaves abnormally or facing issues then there are few steps you can do.
1. soft reset
2. hard reset
3. Use software recovery tool
4. May be replacement of sim and
sd card
5. May be Uninstall buggy apps
like beta versions
Anything miss in it please add.

Then at last send it to service centre for repair.
If they doesn't solve out or didn't accept for repair it may be a defective handset then ask for replacement if you are in warranty.

Choose anything between those options. There is nothing aprt from that.

amit roy4

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for ur advise. I have already asked customer care to resolve the issue, there is no need to go to the service centre again since they dnt have the solution, and if company is not able to provide the solution , they should replace the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo