Why does my screen go black on calls?

Nina Narna

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Screen goes black on calls

Hi,

My phone seems to have developed this issue where as soon as I either answer a call or ring someone the screen switches off, then I have to press the power button back on to turn the screen back on. I'll be honest it's annoying when I need to put my phone on speaker, which I often do. The screen doesn't come back on when I move the phone away from my cheek.

Also my screen doesn't switch on when I get a text, whatsapp or an email like it used to and I can't do the double tap to turn the screen on anymore. It recently had an update that doesn't seem to have been very helpful! Is there a way to revert my phone to the way it was before the update without losing all of the stuff on it? I've done a soft reset but it's done nothing :(

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen goes black on calls

1. Make sure you are not using screen guard/protector. If so, remove it, or make sure it is not covering sensors.
2. Back up and make a hard reset, if one didn't solve the problem.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem and sent mine off for repair (under warranty) and Microsoft fixed it for me, try giving that a shot :)

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

seems like the proximity sensor is faulty. it recognises that you have the phone on your face all the time, and the sensor is only activated during calls.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Make sure your screen protector doesn't covers proximity sensor.
If this isn't then your proximity sensor may have issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12