640 Real Review.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The link below shows how good actually the display on this device is:
Display - The Microsoft Lumia 640 Review

The review was okay. He could have taken more pictures to show us how good or bad the camera really is.
No mention of Glance, Double Tap to Wake, NFC or Microsoft Wireless Adapter compatibility.
No lag is not completely true as there will be some amount of Resuming and Loading with the OS.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The link below shows how good actually the display on this device is:
Display - The Microsoft Lumia 640 Review

The review was okay. He could have taken more pictures to show us how good or bad the camera really is.
No mention of Glance, Double Tap to Wake, NFC or Microsoft Wireless Adapter compatibility.
No lag is not completely true as there will be some amount of Resuming and Loading with the OS.

His videos are from the perspective of a normal everyday user. Believe it or not most people just don't know about smartphone features.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
His videos are from the perspective of a normal everyday user. Believe it or not most people just don't know about smartphone features.

Normal everyday users use glance and double tap to wake. They also take pictures of all sorts of items during the day not just the one picture that the reviewer took. Also without any data it was a bit difficult to take his word on how good the display on the device was. In fact except Anandtech, I have yet to see any other Lumia 640 review evaluate the display so thoroughly.

Also just because the reviewer uses a lot of profanity and drinks beer at 8AM does not make him a true average Joe reviewer for the everyday user. The average everyday user tends to use the phone differently than depicted in this review. Lastly he was running the Win10 Preview on the unit so again it does not help the average everyday user who is going to run out and buy it for $99 at Wal-Mart (as he stresses the vendor and price multiple times in the video) and is going to be disappointed because there is no Edge browser on the phone they just bought.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Normal everyday users use glance and double tap to wake. They also take pictures of all sorts of items during the day not just the one picture that the reviewer took. Also without any data it was a bit difficult to take his word on how good the display on the device was. In fact except Anandtech, I have yet to see any other Lumia 640 review evaluate the display so thoroughly.

Also just because the reviewer uses a lot of profanity and drinks beer at 8AM does not make him a true average Joe reviewer for the everyday user. The average everyday user tends to use the phone differently than depicted in this review. Lastly he was running the Win10 Preview on the unit so again it does not help the average everyday user who is going to run out and buy it for $99 at Wal-Mart (as he stresses the vendor and price multiple times in the video) and is going to be disappointed because there is no Edge browser on the phone they just bought.

Using something and knowing what it is, big difference.

People have been using glance screen and double tap to wake on Android since 2008-2009 on Android phones, but the majority of people here didn't know. Is it there fault that they didn't know ? No, it's new to them.

People don't know any of the stuff you said normal users use everyday. You'd be hard pressed to find any data on any of that.

Anandtech is great for people who know. Majority of people don't know in reality.

You'd be hard pressed to find people doing research on phones these prices. It happens but that isn't the norm.

Regular people don't know what Windows Phone 8, 8.1, or 10 is. They just know it's a smartphone.

regular people don't even know when a new phone is coming out.

Why am I even taking up for guy? I have no clue.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Also just because the reviewer uses a lot of profanity and drinks beer at 8AM does not make him a true average Joe reviewer for the everyday user.

In my world the beer starts at 6:30 even before the coffee (not me, I don't care for beer since I'm a Bourbon man).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So in your opinion and I guess this person's opinion, 'average Joe/Jane' are clueless?

I think most people after any time with a smartphone start to pick up the knowledge. Only those who never had one would be this clueless.

I'd also like to know who 'most' people are...

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So in your opinion and I guess this person's opinion, 'average Joe/Jane' are clueless?

I think most people after any time with a smartphone start to pick up the knowledge. Only those who never had one would be this clueless.

I'd also like to know who 'most' people are...

Surprisingly yes, average Joe is clueless. Ever looked at Americans debt problem?

Ever worked in a customer support or sales environment?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly yes, average Joe is clueless. Ever looked at Americans debt problem?

Ever worked in a customer support or sales environment?

The financial debt problem is not America's alone. The whole world economy is based on debt and the trading of it. Banks want people and companies to get into debt for that very reason. Going by your user name I'm guessing you know this already.

I've helped many people over the years with issues relating to IT. 99% of the time most people will pick up things. It's only those who are 'stuck' in their ways who refuse to learn will be problematic. And, yes I know many many customer service stories over the years. I've been using computers for over 30 years now.

When you're dealing with people from a work perspective they tend to be different. They are sometimes more difficult in situations where they feel entitled to a service. I think that's where the barrier comes up and people tune out. I tend to think it's a bit different when someone is learning directly from another person.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The financial debt problem is not America's alone. The whole world economy is based on debt and the trading of it. Banks want people and companies to get into debt for that very reason. Going by your user name I'm guessing you know this already.

I've helped many people over the years with issues relating to IT. 99% of the time most people will pick up things. It's only those who are 'stuck' in their ways who refuse to learn will be problematic. And, yes I know many many customer service stories over the years. I've been using computers for over 30 years now.

When you're dealing with people from a work perspective they tend to be different. They are sometimes more difficult in situations where they feel entitled to a service. I think that's where the barrier comes up and people tune out. I tend to think it's a bit different when someone is learning directly from another person.

I can 100% agree with you on that.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what he's drinking, drinking anything while doing a review is disrespectful to the viewers. Stop the video, get your throat squared-away and try again. And cursing is unprofessional as well.

Too much babbling towards the end about the cost.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of what he's drinking, drinking anything while doing a review is disrespectful to the viewers. Stop the video, get your throat squared-away and try again. And cursing is unprofessional as well.

Too much babbling towards the end about the cost.
We're not dealing with a professional here. It's just some dude with a video camera showing a phone. Drunk or sober, at least he put something out there that may be beneficial to someone. So what if he cusses? Hit the mute button or close the link if it's that offensive. As adults it's ludicrous to think people will always behave in a polite manner.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
He doesn't have to be a "professional" to give a professional review. Hitting the mute would defeat the purpose of watching the review. You're off your rocker if you think it's too hard to review a phone without cussing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
He doesn't have to be a "professional" to give a professional review. Hitting the mute would defeat the purpose of watching the review. You're off your rocker if you think it's too hard to review a phone without cussing.

Have you watched many YouTubers?

It's his 'style'. You don't need to like it. Other people will. As for being disrespectful, that your perception. At the end of the day, curse words are just words. Drinking is just a behaviour. If you don't like either, don't watch his reviews. Simple.

No one said all reviewers are for everyone. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Whoever said YouTube reviews are anything approaching professional? As for the language, sorry but if you want to avoid profanity you might want to consider a monastary.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss