Shop Cyber Monday deals at:Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Microsoft | Dell

Hi there.

My little brother is going to get a new phone. Microsoft currently sells 535 @ 1.299.000 IDR (97 USD) due to ramadhan sale on my region. My brother get terrible experience with android phone and want to get something difference.

Did the touchscreen issues still out there? Or it just a for some model that come early? Or the firmware update fix them.

Is there any big difference between 535 screen and 430? They sold 430 @ 999.999 IDR (74.93 USD)

How was the operation speed compared Lumia 625? (I don't want compare it with my 930 lol)

Did the back cases feels nice? 930 and 625 did. So how about this one?

Thanks in advance
    07-08-2015 03:36 AM
    I had a Lumia 535 and here's my unbiased opinion:

Make sure that you're getting an L535 that was manufactured in the March-April time frame, since these are the ones that have the "new" screen built into them - the one that doesn't have the touch screen issue. The "new" screen also looks a bit different from the "old" screen, whereas the sensors beside the earpiece are clearly visible in the newer and "fixed" screen; the sensors were hardly visible in the older L535 variant.

For older L535s, a firmware update seemed to alleviate the touch screen issue, but some users disagree. It seems that the firmware update was effective mostly for the dual SIM variants of the older L535s.

In choosing between the L535 and the L430, I chose the L535 mainly because it had a better main camera. The fixed focus camera of the L430 was simply unacceptable for me. The L535 also has a "faster" processor and a larger screen among other things.

I suppose there is no much difference between the speed of the L535 and the L625, though the L625 only has a dual core and older processor. I think the L535 should be a bit faster. (I wasn't able to test a L625 out, so that's just a guess).

The case felt a bit flimsy, probably because it was a removable type of case and it was a relatively huge phone. I had a L610, HTC 8s and Lumia 1020 (current phone) and the L535 isn't really at the top of the list when it comes to "feel". I'm not a fan of rounded edges, so that's a minus for me, though the phone has enough friction coefficient (not heavy, large surface area, polycarbonate finish) that it won't slip from one's hands accidentally.

Overall, the L535 is recommendable provided that it is the "newer variant" without the touch screen issue. In case you get the older variant, you should be able to have the screen replaced for free on the grounds of having touch screen issues persistent with L535s.

Hope these help.
    Guytronic, sez who and heickelrrx like this.
    07-08-2015 03:52 AM
    As a former 535 owner I am hesitant to recommend the 535 in any version.
    Go with caution when purchasing this phone.
    gpobernardo, v535 and Nevilleness like this.
    07-08-2015 04:05 AM
    You can also check Lumia 640.
    You will get better processors with it snapdragon 400 vs snapdragon 200 on Lumia 535.
    Although both are 1.2 ghz quad core but snapdragon 400 has better gpu and more video codec and formats supporred
    If you are selfie fan then spend more to Lumia 640xl
    But there is not huge price difference between Lumia 640 and 535 price
    If you are tight in budget then Lumia 535 is ok.
    Guytronic and heickelrrx like this.
    07-08-2015 04:10 AM
    As a former 535 owner I am hesitant to recommend the 535 in any version.
    Go with caution when purchasing this phone.
    Yup..thats right
    07-08-2015 04:12 AM
    I'd say go for it. Mines is not in the March timeframe, but before that, yet I have no real issues with the touch screen. Get it, and I imagine you get a few weeks return period? If there are problems take it back in that time. Great device, can't speak about it not working as mines is fine, fast, responsive the only lag is camera time but it's a low end phone so there will be a few compromises.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-08-2015 05:35 AM
    As I say earlier I'm intrested in this due the prices cut. Let see how good they are.

I think I drpp the 430 for now.

Can't purchase 640 which priced 2.499.000 IDR which practically 2 times of 535 prices.

I'm planning to get 2 devices. I got 1 asus zenphone since my other brother is android fan. Let just see which better later since both device on thr same price tag.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-08-2015 05:37 AM
    My little brother is going to get a new phone
    He will probably use the phone mostly for fun and games, so the Lumia 535 would not be the best choice if it has touch screen issues. If you can not try out the phone before purchase, or cant return it, than its best option to get Lumia 640 or 730/735 if its not that much more expensive. But if you have a limited budget than there are L532 with 5mpx camera, and the cheaper L435 with 2 mpx camera, but use a screen guard on them because they don't have Gorilla glass Lumia 535 vs 532 vs 435 comparison

Lumia 535 is a great budget phone if it does not have touch problem, very slim, only 8mm, has scratch resistant Gorilla glass 3, 2000mAh battery, good 5mpx camera (in daylight conditions), flashlight, wide angel 5mpx selfie camera, etc. So if you could test it before purchase or have the option to return it or change it for some other phone if you don't like it, I would recommend buying it.

Just be cautious about the touch screen issues.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-08-2015 06:11 AM
    He will probably use the phone mostly for fun and games, so the Lumia 535 would not be the best choice if it has touch screen issues. If you can not try out the phone before purchase, or cant return it, than its best option to get Lumia 640 or 730/735 if its not that much more expensive. But if you have a limited budget than there are L532 with 5mpx camera, and the cheaper L435 with 2 mpx camera, but use a screen guard on them because they don't have Gorilla glass Lumia 535 vs 532 vs 435 comparison

Lumia 535 is a great budget phone if it does not have touch problem, very slim, only 8mm, has scratch resistant Gorilla glass 3, 2000mAh battery, good 5mpx camera (in daylight conditions), flashlight, wide angel 5mpx selfie camera, etc. So if you could test it before purchase or have the option to return it or change it for some other phone if you don't like it, I would recommend buying it.

Just be cautious about the touch screen issues.
    Of course I can return it. I'm purchasing retail version of the devices an test it right away. The clerk usally open the seal and check everything is Ok before I left. If there is any deflect they going to replace it
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-08-2015 06:19 AM
    As I say earlier I'm intrested in this due the prices cut. Let see how good they are.

I think I drpp the 430 for now.

Can't purchase 640 which priced 2.499.000 IDR which practically 2 times of 535 prices.

I'm planning to get 2 devices. I got 1 asus zenphone since my other brother is android fan. Let just see which better later since both device on thr same price tag.
    It seems that you already decided buying of Lumia 535. As it price cuts in your region as you mentioned
    Nothing to do with that.

l just wanted to point out Lumia 640 also a good device in that range. And its processors are better than Lumia 535. Also Lumia 535 have some issues regarding touch and other
    Read some articles before you buy.
    Few updates were pushed to sort out but some having problems till now.

I also suggested several options.
    As I also mentioned if you are tight in budget then choice is yours.
    07-08-2015 06:23 AM
    Duplicate post
    Last edited by heickelrrx; 07-08-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    07-08-2015 07:42 AM
    @heickelrrx Since you said cant purchase Lumia 640 that's why I said if your budget doesn't allow you to buy 640 then choice is yours . As 535 goes on sale in your region and you are interested in that ,that's why I said choice is yours .

Nothing to do with your Lumia 930.....I also a owner of Lumia 1320, Lumia 625 , iPhone 5s, galaxy s4.

You asked about 535 and I answered and suggested some good devices in that range.
    You asked and I answered that's it.
    There is nothing personal.
    And I didn't point out how rich or how poor you are. You make something out of nothing.

And when somebody decides to buy a handset....then anyone asks about budget......anyone will said this is better than that and so on
    And it doesn't fits in your budget then buy this or whatever you want.
    Its simple as that.

And I said region it means district, state, continent , area, sub-continent, country , city or any part of world

Its not religion in my post. LOL
    07-08-2015 08:28 AM
    Duplicate post
    You just edited your post
    You just escaping
    07-08-2015 08:34 AM
    You just edited your post
    You just escaping
    That's weird I'm sure my post was duplicating. Maybr my taptalk bugged or something.

Yeah I'm going to grab thosr devices. Gonna tell the story about it later
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-08-2015 12:42 PM
    Every one here talking to be cautious with touch screen but when I had been visited to the shop since Jan. Then the shopkeepers didn't know anything about it b'cz it was not completely come in Indian markets...
    Now I'm disappointed from my L535 & Service centre (Nokia care) don't want to replace my phone.
    Are every service centres taken l535 touch issue lightly?
    07-14-2015 02:45 PM
    Every one here talking to be cautious with touch screen but when I had been visited to the shop since Jan. Then the shopkeepers didn't know anything about it b'cz it was not completely come in Indian markets...
    Now I'm disappointed from my L535 & Service centre (Nokia care) don't want to replace my phone.

Others users, particularly those in Europe, have reported having the screens of their L535 replaced without having to complain so much about it first - the service centers there acknowledged the problem and replaced the screen. Details of this can be found in the Lumia 535 forum, particularly those about the Lumia 535 update.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-16-2015 04:07 PM
    As a user having the L535 as a secondary phone, i think the expectations need to be align before buying and that this is considered a budget phone.

If budget permits, go for the slightly higher end L640. For the price it's not a bad phone really, but with the China manufacturers on Droids, it does make you really spoilt for choice.
    gpobernardo and Guytronic like this.
    07-20-2015 04:49 AM
    They're taking it lightly. I think MS doesn't care about supporting low budget phones.
    07-21-2015 11:01 AM
    They're taking it lightly. I think MS doesn't care about supporting low budget phones.
    Xactly!!!
    07-21-2015 12:32 PM
    Not all service centers are directly run by Microsoft. Unless it is a Microsoft Store and a Microsoft Service Center, the service center or store those issues are experienced in are most probably from third-parties and are not a direct representation of Microsoft. If Microsoft didn't care about supporting "low budget phones", then they wouldn't even bother releasing updates for that specific model.
    07-22-2015 10:44 AM
    Not all service centers are directly run by Microsoft. Unless it is a Microsoft Store and a Microsoft Service Center, the service center or store those issues are experienced in are most probably from third-parties and are not a direct representation of Microsoft. If Microsoft didn't care about supporting "low budget phones", then they wouldn't even bother releasing updates for that specific model.
    It read Nokia Care Point instead of MS one. Since I brought it from Amazon I took the phone directly to NCC and they were not helpful. I think they needed funding to bring out 640s and win 10.
    07-22-2015 10:55 AM
    It read Nokia Care Point instead of MS one. Since I brought it from Amazon I took the phone directly to NCC and they were not helpful. I think they needed funding to bring out 640s and win 10.
    I think we've talked about this already before in a separate forum, about Nokia Care Centers not caring - the bottom line was that those centers are not really Microsoft yet hence the "disconnectedness" from the customers in those centers -; we won't need to repeat that discussion here anymore.
    v535 likes this.
    07-22-2015 11:10 AM
    I think we've talked about this already before in a separate forum, about Nokia Care Centers not caring - the bottom line was that those centers are not really Microsoft yet hence the "disconnectedness" from the customers in those centers -; we won't need to repeat that discussion here anymore.
    Yes, no need for duplicates.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-23-2015 05:32 AM