Cannot Restore with Windows Phone Recovery Tool

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is getting super frustrating. So followed your advice and I can see that "HTC USB Sync" shows up in my device manager when connected in boot loader mode. I opened WPRT and it finally found the software on the server but when I click on "Install Software" it's giving me and error that says "Variant package not found, Software package not available for this phone". When I click on more details it says "Result: InternalServerError; MID: 0P6B1900; CID: CWS_001".

Is anyone else seeing this error?

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Never mind, it seems to be working now. I just tried again and it's starting to download the package. It'll take a while so I'll report back to say if it worked or not.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. The solution was put the phone in DFU and hit the update using the recovery tool

try press the ?Volume Down? button, followed by the ?Power? one and hold them pressed

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So it finally worked, I was able to use the recovery tool to get back to 8.1 on my HTC One M8. Now hopefully I can update to the latest Windows 10 mobile build to check it out.

HTCUser123

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: Fixed the issue. Had to plug my phone into my laptop instead and everything showed up as it should. So if you're having errors, all I can say is try a different computer and cross your fingers. This thread saved my phone! Thank you all :D

Ugh.. So I have a Verizon M8, and I've done everything this thread and others talk about (remove SIM and SD card, restarting PC, hard reset phone) and nothing works.

I checked out the device manager, but it doesn't show up a USB BLDR. There are two USB's labeled as HTC6995LVW, but when I go into boot-loader, those two disappear. I also can't update either of the HTC6995LVW's.

The recovery tool CANNOT find a software package for me, and this is really ticking me off. Does anyone have the ROM for a Verizon M8, because the "recovery tool" is crap.

Please help if you can. The latest version of W10M was okay, but after a week, I'm ready for 8.1... Thanks

Last edited:

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.. So I have a Verizon M8, and I've done everything this thread and others talk about (remove SIM and SD card, restarting PC, hard reset phone) and nothing works.

I checked out the device manager, but it doesn't show up a USB BLDR. There are two USB's labeled as HTC6995LVW, but when I go into boot-loader, those two disappear. I also can't update either of the HTC6995LVW's.

The recovery tool CANNOT find a software package for me, and this is really ticking me off. Does anyone have the ROM for a Verizon M8, because the "recovery tool" is crap.

Please help if you can. The latest version of W10M was okay, but after a week, I'm ready for 8.1... Thanks

Did you try to put the phone in DFU first?

eonmee

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
could u upload the link to zip files via onedrive,i need it to back to window8.1,thank u!
my phone is att phone ,i want to back8.1,so i need the att windows8.1 rom

msmrajpoot

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
can u give me the link to download nbh files my phone is dead for 2 days and I can't afford a new one right now i have the tool. i am using HTC 8X
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo