Dent on Lumia 830!!!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
And special addition Gold not white...yes if it's been physically damaged they will consider that if or when you have issues. If the issues aren't hardware related I doubt that it will be a factor with warranty.... but if you haven't made a claim for the screen yet, I have a feeling they will deny your claim and say the 2 dents cause the screen issue. And I didn't mean to imply the dents happened the same way, I just meant you carelessly caused 2 dents. BTW I've dropped my 830 several times and it's because of being slightly careless ---luckily the hard plastic cover shattered on the edge one time with no frame damage after dropping on concrete, and the other time I dropped it, it was inside on a floor covered in vinyl tile with 0 damage.

Last edited:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
And special addition Gold not white...yes if it's been physically damaged they will consider that if when you have issues. If the issues aren't hardware related I doubt that it will be a factor with warranty.... but if you haven't made a claim for the screen yet, I have a feeling they will deny your claim and say the 2 dents cause the screen issue. And I didn't mean to imply the dents happened the same way, I just meant you carelessly caused 2 dents.

Yup, I forgot the Gold edition.

I had got it serviced once when there was only one dent (the first image). But they didn't notice it. The second one is perhaps more visible and wouldn't go unnoticed.

Who knows (except me) how all had happened.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My goal here:- Lumia 830 is probably vulnerable to such inci'dents' if you do not protect it. So, if anyone has removed its protective case for no good reason, put it back.

Take it positively, please!

ALL phones are susceptible to this kind of damage. A case is always a good idea.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but your tone here has certainly changed during the course of the thread. Your opening post was accusatory and hinted that the frame material is designed too weak... The fault seems to lie with Lumia for creating an inferior product.

OMG! My Lumia 830 is just a month-and-a-half old and it's got a dent! On both the corners at the top side, the frame has flattened. Is the Lumia 830's frame made up of too soft metal (aluminium) that it could not even withstand a slight force! What if I need to get it repaired in the future due to inevitable defect! No, I wouldn't be able to get it serviced under warranty, would I? :crying: I shall have to pray that the person in-charge at the Care store doesn't notice it. :unhappysweat:

Anyone in the same boat?

It did not fall. It had hit against the wall and my table's leg accidently while picking it up. But not that hard btw :unhappy:

Until now you are just providing a public warning on the chances of damaging an 830...

Not at all for any of the reason you stated. Just wanted to know how many have the same problem. Because, already I had received a defective product and so I feel doubtful about every thing that happens to it. It certainly did not hit anything so hard as you may be thinking. Trust me, I really love my 830. Which is why I bought it second time even after I got a defective one at first. This does not make me love my phone less.

I should have posted it in the off topic lounge btw. People take it too seriously.

My goal here:- Lumia 830 is probably vulnerable to such inci'dents' if you do not protect it. So, if anyone has removed its protective case for no good reason, put it back.

Take it positively, please!

I've long known that damage may occur to my phone in any accident, no matter how "slight" the accident might appear on the surface of it. Physics is a complicated and wonderful beast. In your case if your phone struck not too hard (your words, but highly subjective) against a table leg... You have to take into account many factors including (possibly) a corner on a square leg which acts like a blade edge to focus and concentrate force, multiplying it beyond what casual observation would assume the force to be. Also there is square area and force to consider. .25kg/meter/second dissipated over 1 square meter is entirely less damaging than the same forceful acceleration is when concentrated on 1 square millimeter. These things are known. The variables of cell phone accidents are multitudinous. The fact that a phone can get damaged is not a mystery at all.

My philosophy is: "Cell phones are like people, they should never leave the house naked. It is just asking for trouble."

Another useful thought is: "Stuff happens."

Thank you, though, for the public service warning. Truly there are many users who do not think of the consequences until those consequences are visible as damage to their device... This board gets plenty of threads expressing this. So does every tech forum I have ever visited: regardless of device, OS or manufacturer.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Can't believe how this thread (not me) has changed its course. I am really surprised how people themselves judge other people and can read their minds even on the internet. (Not directed towards anyone specific; it's in general). It hurts a lot when someone tries to prove something not even thought of by the other person ever! I am done here. *Winding up*

Not doing any favour though :smile:
Have lots of work pending. Let's not argue. It kills my day.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but your tone here has certainly changed during the course of the thread. Your opening post was accusatory and hinted that the frame material is designed too weak... The fault seems to lie with Lumia for creating an inferior product.

Until now you are just providing a public warning on the chances of damaging an 830...

I've long known that damage may occur to my phone in any accident, no matter how "slight" the accident might appear on the surface of it. Physics is a complicated and wonderful beast. In your case if your phone struck not too hard (your words, but highly subjective) against a table leg... You have to take into account many factors including (possibly) a corner on a square leg which acts like a blade edge to focus and concentrate force, multiplying it beyond what casual observation would assume the force to be. Also there is square area and force to consider. .25kg/meter/second dissipated over 1 square meter is entirely less damaging than the same forceful acceleration is when concentrated on 1 square millimeter. These things are known. The variables of cell phone accidents are multitudinous. The fact that a phone can get damaged is not a mystery at all.

My philosophy is: "Cell phones are like people, they should never leave the house naked. It is just asking for trouble."

Another useful thought is: "Stuff happens."

Thank you, though, for the public service warning. Truly there are many users who do not think of the consequences until those consequences are visible as damage to their device... This board gets plenty of threads expressing this. So does every tech forum I have ever visited: regardless of device, OS or manufacturer.

The second shooter theory Oswald didn't act alone :shocked:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99