Why isn't the start screen restoring?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Start menu not showing on Windows 10 mobile!

This is the second time i try updating to Windows 10 on my Lumia 930, and i still get the same bug! the start screen just does not appear! it just appears black with white 'loading...' text. what can i do?

Marsamver

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Start menu not showing on Windows 10 mobile!

I got the same on my 930. left a while an eventually the start screen appears. I t does the same on a soft reset, it did eventually show up. Just overheating issue now and battery drain.

Trying a hard reset.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I think the OP clearly understands that the TP is in early stages of development already. The question was "what can I do", not why is this happening.

How come every time a bug gets pointed out, people wanna throw shots at the person pointing out the bug instead of helping them find a viable work around to hold then off until a fix arrives...

I personally don't know at all how I could help with this, but I just wanted to leave this here so

... Bye

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

^ I think the point is, that if you need to ask these types of questions and can't do the research yourself, you probably shouldn't be on the insiders program to begin with.

The answers are always the same for these preview builds. Go down this list until something works:
A) do a soft reset
B) do a hard reset
C) flash to WP8.1 and then try updating to W10M again. Have the device fully charged. Best do the update over night when you have a lot of time. Don't interrupt/plug/unplug/fiddle during the update.

Never do this with a phone where you can't afford to lose all the data on it, or which needs to function reliably as a daily driver. Some say it's reliable enough for daily use. It may not be for you.

The point of the previews is so enthusiasts can provide feedback to MS. It's not intended to be useful for anything else. That it sometimes is, should be viewed as a nice bonus.

Last edited:

Roland Schlangen

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I think the OP clearly understands that the TP is in early stages of development already. The question was "what can I do", not why is this happening.

How come every time a bug gets pointed out, people wanna throw shots at the person pointing out the bug instead of helping them find a viable work around to hold then off until a fix arrives...

I personally don't know at all how I could help with this, but I just wanted to leave this here so

... Bye

Wow, your post is a big help.....

Roland Schlangen

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Thank You :D

Yours was too

Thank you. At least my answer gives him the "why" (which should be know before giving an answer on the "what can I do")
You give him (let me think.......) nothing. LOL

Seriously: if people install preview software, OK, that's their choice. Microsoft warns for the fact that the software is not RTM (see the warnings and disclaimer on the MS insider webpages). But have a look at the new posts above. There are a lot of questions regarding build 10166. People have to understand that this software is in the development phase and that these issues can be happen. Also, together with each new build there is a change log including fixed items but also items which are not fixed (yet). Asking "what to do" cannot be answered for the simple fact that the software is not RTM. Perhaps the answer should be: Wait for the final version...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234