Accidentally deleted photos on my Lumia 1520, can I get them back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Accidentally deleted photos. Lumia 1520

Hi there all you "know stuff" people.

I accidentally delete a few pictures on my phone today while it was connected to my PC but they aren't the the trash.

They do however still show up on the camera roll on the photos icon. Wouldn't that sorta indicate they aren't really gone ? and how/where could I potentially find them ?

Many thanks in advance.

MRE.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Accidentally deleted photos. Lumia 1520

Hello, MRE,

The urgency in your query is apparent, but we need more details. You may want to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

1. Are your photos saved on an SD Card? If they are, then you could simply unmount your SD Card from your 1520, insert it to your PC and then use any photo recovery software to "recover" the photos if they were in fact "deleted". Try browsing for them first in your SD Card directly from your PC anyway as they might not be deleted after all.

2. By saying that they "still show up on the camera roll on the photos icon", were you viewing them through your PC (Camera Roll folder in your phone through your PC) or through the phone itself (Photo Hub > Camera Roll)?

3. How did you delete your pictures, through your PC or through your Phone? If through your phone, then it is normal to still "see" the icons of the "deleted" pictures in your PC since your PC needs to update the directory it has loaded (something it does right after you connect your phone), but you won't be able to access them since your photos aren't in your phone anymore. Hence, once you remove and reconnect your phone to your PC, you will no longer see those picture icons through your PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro