On the way!

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Just took advantage of the Expansys B stock sale on 1520. Only 225 dollars for near new mint condition. Can't wait. Was going to pull the trigger on a 640 xl but the price went back up. It's been a couple of years since I've owned a Windows phone. I only left because I wanted an upgrade from my 520 and at the time the 925 was going for close to 400 dollars. There was no real deal to be had. I jumped ship to Android where there were a lot of mid range devices for less money. I've enjoyed my time with Android but missed the elegant simplicity of Windows phone. After examining my app usage for the last 2 years I think I'll be just fine. Everything I need is there. I thought having Google apps available on my phone was going to be great but honestly I've almost never used them. Besides mail and calendar everything else I just use on my laptop. Windows phone syncs with google mail and calendar just fine for my purposes.

My current phone is a 2013 Moto X. I love it. It's got some great features exclusive to Motorola phones. The battery life unfortunately has started to tank recently. I can't get through a whole day now. Not even with very light use. Looking forward to a larger screen and better battery life. The camera on the Moto X was mediocre as well. Looking forward to the superior camera on the 1520. Hope it fits in my pockets. Took a risk and bought one sight unseen. No way to see one in person around here and I've not seen one live in the flesh. Did spend some time with the 640 xl which is very close in size and it seemed reasonable to me. Fingers crossed....

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey Jared, welcome back to our side of the world :) The 1520 is a great phone and we have quite a few users with 1520's so if you're stuck with anything, there's a good chance that you'll get the help you need.

Love the moto x '13, getting one for my mom instead of for myself.... Only have enough money for one lol and her bday is coming up so..

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 Black ATT | eBay

7.5/10 condition. $149 shipped.

I bought one from this listing, there is one left. Came to $122 after my eBay bucks.

Who wants to buy the other one and we can be "cheapest best condition 1520's" buds? Lol.

I searched for days and this one seemed to check out pretty well. We shall see.

I am gravely worried about the phantom tap issue, but as cheap as it is, I'll just unload it if my unit is plagued with this highly frustrating issue. I've owned a few 1520's in the past and my green one didn't have it (regret selling it to this day). My 1520.3 and red (and black ones) all had the phantom tapping issue. It's infuriating, but at $122 I'll gamble again I guess.

Last edited:

Wolfseye

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I can tell you guys, its much more expensive here in Europe / Germany. My first 1520 I got last week was 2nd Hand, but in a very very good condition, a showroom device. Cost me 399 Euro. Convert that to Dollars and you know what I ment earlier. But that device was bugged by the Phantom Touch, and so I decided to return it and found another one, this time a brandnew device, for 417,- Euro. Just got it a moment ago and setting it up now. However I have to wait until the battery is sufficiently charged.

But I wish i would get the phone for the prices you guys posted here. And I really hope this one (black, like the other one too) doesnt have the Phantom Touch issue anytime soon. In any case, i have a 24 months warranty, so I suppose in that case I would return that one too.

Cheers

Wolfseye

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Update. My $122 1520 arrived today. It looks brand new. One single scratch on the display...no biggie. To my elation, there is ZERO ghost tapping. Not sure how this is possible, but it's true. Every 1520 I've ever owned/used was plagued with this issue. This unit doesn't have it at all. Nice.

Good luck cheap 1520 hunters! Too bad the 2nd unit (the seller I bought from had two) is gone. Oh well, I tried to help someone get a deal, but it's gone.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Update. My $122 1520 arrived today. It looks brand new. One single scratch on the display...no biggie. To my elation, there is ZERO ghost tapping. Not sure how this is possible, but it's true. Every 1520 I've ever owned/used was plagued with this issue. This unit doesn't have it at all. Nice.

Good luck cheap 1520 hunters! Too bad the 2nd unit (the seller I bought from had two) is gone. Oh well, I tried to help someone get a deal, but it's gone.
You're killing me! I've been fighting the urge to hunt for a used 1520...

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
May be a stupid question but how to you test a device for ghost taps? Mine should arrive on Saturday.
Just use it. If it happens, you will know it. You will, say, be scrolling on something, then *bam* out of nowhere, it opens whatever your finger happened to be on as if you purposefully tapped on it to open a link/app/etc.

Sounds rather innocuous until it happens hundreds of times per day.

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My case arrived today 2 days ahead of the phone so I finally have a size reference for the phone. It's big! My Moto X is dwarfed. Case fits fine in my pants pockets but I'll have to be a bit particular in pocket depth when I buy new pants for a while. :) Phone arrives in 2 days. Can't wait. My Moto X barely makes it through to dinner time now with even light use...

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Phone is in my hands! Running updates and getting everything checked out and set up. Did the field test mode to get everything working on T Mobile. Worked great. Popped in the sim and restarted and was good to go. The phone looks pristine new. Not a scratch or blemish on it. Woohoo.

Sameer Parihar

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 Black ATT | eBay

7.5/10 condition. $149 shipped.

I bought one from this listing, there is one left. Came to $122 after my eBay bucks.

Who wants to buy the other one and we can be "cheapest best condition 1520's" buds? Lol.

I searched for days and this one seemed to check out pretty well. We shall see.

I am gravely worried about the phantom tap issue, but as cheap as it is, I'll just unload it if my unit is plagued with this highly frustrating issue. I've owned a few 1520's in the past and my green one didn't have it (regret selling it to this day). My 1520.3 and red (and black ones) all had the phantom tapping issue. It's infuriating, but at $122 I'll gamble again I guess.
I read that the phantom tap issue is a hardware issue because I use to have it on my old 1520 which I sent in because of a bad battery and a screen light leakage. It happens when the touch screen receptors don't properly touch the glass. If the phone bends inwards, you can cause this to happen as that is why it happened on my old one. I think it's all due to the enlarged screen size.

Sameer Parihar

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
May be a stupid question but how to you test a device for ghost taps? Mine should arrive on Saturday.
You can try scrolling up and down the MSN news app since that has those tiles that you can tap on. My old 1520 had this issue and it occurred in the news app fairly infrequently. The device gets the phantom tap by being bent. The receptors for the touch screen dont make a proper connection with the display. If you have the phantom touch, you can put your thumbs on the back of the 1520 and gently push inwards to try and make them touch again. Don't push too hard though!!! This may or may not fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte