Lumia 640 XL unlock

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Trying to get my L640XL unlocked since I got it from the Microsoft store on Thursday last week, submitted the request on At&t under non-At&t customer got the request back today denied because the device is not an At&t device. called up at&t I was told that they don't sell a L640XL only a L635 tried to get the rep to check her own website she refused said Microsoft shouldn't be selling branded At&t phones that are not At&t devices, wouldn't give her name she hanged up. contacted Microsoft who said call back at&t they can unlock provide your receipt to them to prove you paid full price. I did call back and found someone a little smarter who checked my imei and was confused as to why it wasn't unlocked I had to fax over my receipt an so I'm waiting to hear back from them, I know the L640XL is new but to say we don't sell that phone without even checking.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That's how phone support goes on occasion.
Hope you get this settled.
I'm curious to see what happens with your unlock.
Good luck and please post back!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay I have been through this in the past. If an AT&T device is not activated on AT&T (with a SIM) then for some reason its not visible to the customer reps. Tell them to open up a support ticket with the SIM unlock department and they should be able to provide you the code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster