Should I buy the Lumia 930 or wait for the 950?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If money were no option and your current device is working fine, I'd absolutely wait and get the 950. The 950 will be much more future proof and likely to receive updates quicker.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
definitly wait. L930 has many bugs and construction flaws,that i must RMA it for 3 times . My phone was longer on RMA than I used it.
And L950 is around corner, so no dilemma, its clear - wait for it, see if its good and buy it (This is what I will do).

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree, Hex core and 3 Gb of ram should make this phone faster then most if not all phones and the 5.2" display seems at least for me the "sweet" spot size wise.. My present Note 4 is just a tad too large for my liking and the iPhone 6's 4.7" not quite large enough..
I was all set to go with the latest Lumia 640 or 640XL but the more I've read leaking out on the 950 the more I realized this phone could be one that could satisfy me for years to come..

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
should I buy the Lumia 930 or wait for the 950?

I regret to have bought the 930.
It's not a good phone.
Try to get another phone....
I prefer my wife's 735

The 735 is very nice Lumia! It to bad that Microsoft choose to go cheapo in using a 400 SoC instead of either 401 or a 600 class! No front facing flash either. Form factor is just right too! I think it came out after iPhone 6 too! Same screen resolution within 5-10 p.p.i.

I still use it from time to time while my 6 to be come 6S as my daily phone on the 25th! It too bad that Microsoft did not push this in the U.S. And kept it out while trying to push sales of the high price 830 with a 400 SoC inside!

Microsoft has made many mistakes in trying to hold back great models that are available outside the U.S. For the benefit of their exclusivity agreement with a carrier.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm a lumia 920 user. I love this phone, it's been really great, but i've had it since the start of 2013, so it's getting on. I'm really thinking about just getting a new battery for it, and sticking with it for a bit longer now.

Reason why I'm saying this is because the newer flagships all have very little to offer. I'm not swayed by high res screens, actually I'd prefer to have the same 1280x768 resolution on my L920. If the regular 950 had a ~4.5" display and 1280x720-800 display, that would be ideal for me, i'd buy one asap, but probably more because I know it's an odd device that for some reason no company wants to release. Reason I'd prefer lower res is simple; gives zippy performance, taxes the hardware less to drive the pixels and this should all result in better battery life. All for a change which I can barely see anyway. Frankly some people will say high res is better, well, I don't care, it's not enough for me to worry about.

So for many reasons, I'm of the opinion that there's little point upgrading to a L930 over a L920, as far as I'm concerned, the only better feature is the camera, and from the L930 to the L950, there's even less. I'd suggest save your money and get a L930 instead of the L950.

rich4aikido

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would go for the 930 without question. Windows Phone doesn't need bleeding edge specs to run great, so the 950's processor and ram are a bit of overkill when compared to the 930. You really won't be getting any noticeable improvement from going from the 930 to the 950, if anything, you'll be degrading as far as physical design goes. The 930 at least looks like a premium phone. The 950, based on all the renders we've seen so far looks like a plastic mid-range phone.

Honestly, to me, this isn't even a question. You'd be foolish to spend more money on the 950 if you can get a 930 for much less.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I am with rich4aikido on this one. the only positive side of 950 is the iris scanner, but I am not sure I will find that pretty useful in a phone. Everything else is an overkill unless you will be super crazy continuum user with some video editing apps (which right now I am not sure they even exist).

Unless the camera in 950 will be that much better, which I doubt, I even think it might be the same HW as in the 930, but even if its slightly better, is it worth the extra 200-300€.

Defo wait for m$ presentation, official specs, pricing and real images of the 950, then decide for 930 :)

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, just found out a huge deal breaker for L930 - it has no glance. I got used to this feature and dont know if Id be able to live without it.

Is it worth an extra 200-300 that L950 will cost? no idea, up to you :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Where are you hearing these rumors (just curious)?

I think it would be a mistake for MS to price things that high given their position in the market.

To answer your question: I would wait.

Lol the rumor is everywhere.. We wanted flagship phones so we should pay flagship amounts a la iOS :p

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have a credit for a phone with your carrier that's expiring soon then wait. I actually have a credit I need to use within the next week. I'm going to use it for an iPhone and sell it and then get a 950.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, just found out a huge deal breaker for L930 - it has no glance. I got used to this feature and dont know if Id be able to live without it.

Is it worth an extra 200-300 that L950 will cost? no idea, up to you :)

On the 930, you double tap the screen, and yohave the info on the lock screen. No glance is sort of overrated when you look at how it works on the 930.

I actually bought a 930 last night as a hedge against the 950 being too expensive. Now that it's out at $550, it's right at the edge for me.

I think will probably use the 930 for months or so, then pick up a 950 at a more affordable price.

That is, unless I get this job I'm interviewing for next week - then I will use some of the increase for, well, me!

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
After what I saw today I'd definitely go for Lumia 950. It's gonna be a beast! And Continuum looks absolutely fantastic imho.

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The question is, should I come back to windows (left just before 10)?

The 950 is tempting, loved the windows OS but the app gap could push me towards the new Nexus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo