After dropping my Nokia 820 the display has gone, is it possible to repair, if so how?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after dropping nokia 820 the display has gone is it possible to repair if how?

the phone hit the floor. It powers up but there is no display. i have restored photos by connecting to the computer but can't find out how to restore contacts

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: after dropping nokia 820 the display has gone is it possible to repair if how?

If you use microsoft account on your phone you should be able to view most of your contact at outlook web

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: after dropping nokia 820 the display has gone is it possible to repair if how?

Your contacts are in the cloud if you used a MS account and have a data connection. If you login to Outlook.com you'll find all your contacts there.

You can repair the phone but it comes down to cost. Is it worth it?

irishpelican

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

This happened to me. Luckily my phone was still under guarantee, otherwise it would have cost me €90 (about $100).

It's part of the graphics card that got loose I seem to remember. They sent it back to Nokia to get it fixed.

Ian Middleton

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
My 820 slipped out of my pocket whilst sitting down just before last Xmas. Despite the case, the screen had a cracked corner and slowly over the next couple of hours blackness spread across the screen until all the screen was black. One of the disadvantages of OLED display, reacting with the air upon slightest break.

However, despite being able to get a new screen for various prices on Ebay, for DIY fit, I sent mine away to a place advertising on Ebay They had a land line phone number which I called and they confirmed the Ebay price. They were a Nokia repair shop. So I got the screen replaced for ?40 and took a couple of days. Still working now the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon