First World Problems - 830, 930, 0r 1520?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a 1520 (green one) and might start using it for a few days once I'm back in the states. I always wanted to buy a 930 but after reading about all the heating issues my unlocked RM-985 running denim was the only better option in the 5 inch department (blame Microsoft for not building a mini 1520 or a hybrid between 930 and 830 with the best of both). I still love my 830 and in daily tasks it really stands out...great camera, battery life, glance, wireless charging and a premium looking device. Plus since WinXM does remove some of the black themed UI having a OLED/LCD screen really doesn't matter anymore.

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I love big phones. My next phone will be the size of 1520. You just gotta pick a phone that suits you. I'm not a tall guy, but I love big displays.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been thinking that 1520 screen is too big. But, I think I may test drive it for a few days to see how it feels in actual use, then decide.
So, pursuant to our little conversation here and my urge for a 1520...took my daughter's nexus 6 to use at work today to see how I would handle a large phone. In and out of pocket, trying to one-hand it and generally manipulate the thing while doing normal workday tasks. Then did some grocery shopping and several errands. It was a no-go. Simply too big for comfortable use(for me). So I will happily continue using my beautiful 930. I guess if I were a lady of leisure and could just whip it out of my purse for casual use, it might be different. The size was too much for my real-world usage. Guess I'm cured ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Having used a 4.7 inch screen iPhone 6 the last two weeks I have to say i will be going back to phablet size soon because this is no fun. The 1520 is a beast but it does its job well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
My plan of attack is this:

I'll list the 1520 for sale first. If it sells quickly, then I'll keep the 930. If it doesn't, I'll list the 930.

So, the libertarian in me will take the market solution. :angel:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So, pursuant to our little conversation here and my urge for a 1520...took my daughter's nexus 6 to use at work today to see how I would handle a large phone. In and out of pocket, trying to one-hand it and generally manipulate the thing while doing normal workday tasks. Then did some grocery shopping and several errands. It was a no-go. Simply too big for comfortable use(for me). So I will happily continue using my beautiful 930. I guess if I were a lady of leisure and could just whip it out of my purse for casual use, it might be different. The size was too much for my real-world usage. Guess I'm cured ;)
Ok...I am humbly asking forgiveness from the community for the above hypocrisy. Bought gordinfink's 1520 today because I am weak and flawed. Mea Culpa. (but I'm also excited as hell!).

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok...I am humbly asking forgiveness from the community for the above hypocrisy. Bought gordinfink's 1520 today because I am weak and flawed. Mea Culpa. (but I'm also excited as hell!).

Which I sincerely appreciate. The market worked, and get to keep my 930!

Now, being the fool I am, I didn't have the money for 2 hours before I bought yet another 930.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
...and there is Me, who end up with broken lcd on 1520 and insted fixing it, i use that money and got new 830 with 2yrs warranty. Now i don't go on vacation or eat meat for two mnth because i colect money to fix 1520
Logic? Seems no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb