Lumia Camera 5 (Denim) taking GRAYISH pictures

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 830 just got denim a week ago (M?xico)... the new lumia camera 5 is fine, is cool and fast, I like it... but after a week using it I start to notice the selfie camera take very GRAYISH pictures, pale. And is VERY noticeable because while lumia living image is "playing" the color are cool... is the final result what is very grayish.
In the main camera if you go to settings and change "luz de enfoque" (Focus assist light) for "automatic" instead of default "use the flash settings" the problem is less noticeable, the photos are a little better, even so, you can't do this with front camera.
Using rich capture give the same grayish results, if you edit HDR and choose "artistic" the photos look a little better too... but this is still annoying, what can I do? Specially for selfies

Here's an example

Selfie, front camera, extracted from lumia living image ;) so so
vlcsnap-2015-07-14-21h39m09s63.jpg

Selfie, fron camera, final photo in my camera roll :(
WP_20150714_21_16_08_Pro.jpg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually had this happen on my lumia 1520 and 640 xl before. It's why I don't use the default app and use camera 360 sight.

I notice if you use creative studio or even the built in auto fix it can fix the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
looks like you need a coffee and get out of your pajamas :winktongue:
I noticed grey coloring on my L830 while on W10 10166. While I got a nice blue of my blue office chair before, I was only able to get faded grey of the same chair on W10 using Lumia Camera.
I am now back on 8.1 and do not have that problem using Lumia Classic or any other. Unfortunately, I cannot test Lumia Camera 5 on my crippled ATT L830. I use ProShot a lot
cheers

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I came back to lumia camera classic... rich capture and lumia moments are cool features, but they're not what I expected. Rich capture didn't give me THAT much difference (except in size, from 7mb to 27mb for every photo), I will only use this app for scenes that actually require HDR or flash. Lumia moments, well, I don't use it, I'm not a fan of action shot or video neither XD... if I sometime need it, I'll open lumia camera.
But for everyday use, Classic is the one for me, here's an example of why

Lumia Camera
WP_20150719_22_22_13_Pro.jpg

Lumia Camera Classic
WP_20150719_22_21_29_Pro.jpg

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I came back to lumia camera classic... rich capture and lumia moments are cool features, but they're not what I expected. Rich capture didn't give me THAT much difference (except in size, from 7mb to 27mb for every photo), I will only use this app for scenes that actually require HDR or flash. Lumia moments, well, I don't use it, I'm not a fan of action shot or video neither XD... if I sometime need it, I'll open lumia camera.
But for everyday use, Classic is the one for me, here's an example of why

Lumia Camera
View attachment 108889

Lumia Camera Classic
View attachment 108890

Woah... Definetly downloading LC Classic to check this out. 'o'

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I came back again to lumia camera 5... is faster and in 830 have constant OIS since first photo... in LC classic the OIS is activated just after the first shot... Even so, I have LC classic for really colorful photos
(LC5 have realistic photos, even when the first photo looks really crappy, the real colors are more like the first and less like the second, also, you can always change the intensity in lumia creative studio, and all look even better than the LC classic...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss