Should I install Windows 10 build 10166 on my Lumia 730?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

should I install windows 10 build 10166 on my lumia 730?

Im really tempted to jump. I dont want to risk my precious data. ;c

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: should I install windows 10 build 10166 on my lumia 730?

If your data are stored on SD card or Cloud service , the hard reset many recommend wouldn't affect it ( it will only erase data stored on phone ) . Of course you can try out w10 latest build on a backup device even as low as lumia 520 .

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
There are no specific 730 bugs.
But read some posts what can happen like on WiFi, no data, long loading time start screen, apps which do not work, apps you can not download etc.

But before you take the step download and check if the WPRT works because it is your only way back.
Charge your phone before you start and keep it at a charger.

And don't forget "Don't do the crime if you can not do the time". Or in other words except that you could end up in trouble.

thephiri2point1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

If you worried about losing Things then you probably want to skip it. It's is a TP after all. That said, im using it on my 730 and no major bugs. Some apps don't work correctly and a couple of other things not working correctly. I don't mind the bug level in this build so using it on my daily driver.

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I am using the latest build on my 720 and i totally love it. There are some bugs which is expected from a preview build but the latest build is much more refined as compared to the previous ones. Two major bugs that i face are
1.the default camera app not working properly
2.after a restart, the apps installed on the sd card dont work
Both of these could be solved by installing a third party app for the camera like sight 360 and installing apps on the phone memory. Other than these bugs i hardly faced any so i would totally recommend it:)

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

I used it for 4 days.Its mostly smooth,but crashes the odd time.especially Microsoft edge.Other apps crash periodically also and some apps drain the battery more than others.I would say they are a build or two away from a sufficient level of stability.I reverted back to 8.1 today because I got fed up with Microsoft edge.The build is very good otherwise despite these annoying bugs and these only occured some of the time

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site

is it smooth?
It is smooth but i did a hard reset after upgrading to the tp. The usual loading screen is seen sometimes just like in 8.1 but thats pretty much it. The edge browser crashes once in a while but u can get a third party app for that too like the uc browser. If u are too anxious about this build then u can wait for a week or two till the next build arrives but i think that u wont be having that amount of patience because i didnt either;)
I would say that u go for this build because so far, for me, this is a stable build to use on your daily driver.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

If you worried about losing Things then you probably want to skip it. It's is a TP after all. That said, im using it on my 730 and no major bugs. Some apps don't work correctly and a couple of other things not working correctly. I don't mind the bug level in this build so using it on my daily driver.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

Am using a 730...going to install 10..thanks for the info..
Could you tell about the camera app..is Lumia camera 5.0 available for 730 in windows 10??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs