Help with unlocking Nokia Lumia 928 for T-Mobile?

mistasolodolo

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Alright, so my phone recently broke so my friend gave me his Nokia Lumia 928. Problem is, its locked to Verizon. I put my sim card into it, but instead of asking for an unlock code for the sim card, it gave me service and said i was connected to T-Mobile. But Im only getting 3G data speeds, I was wondering how i would be able to fully unlock it so i could get up to 4G speeds with it? I've read through some other forums but haven't seen anyone with this particular problem so I decided to ask here... Basically my main question is how do I get the sim card unlock screen to pop up so i can input a sim unlock code into it! If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Depending on where you live and what T-Mobile has done with its network recently you may only get 3G speeds. Keep in mind T-Mobile 3G has HSPA+ which is plenty fast even though it is not labeled LTE. Oh and BTW MMS will not work on the VZW device for you on T-Mobile. You will need to use WhatsApp or email or Kik or another service that uses data. Good luck.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Also the phone is already unlocked. All 928's are GSM unlocked.
Had it been locked, you would not have been able to get service. Period.

The lack of LTE here is a technical problem that cannot be solved by software.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
OP - not sure if you've seen it, but there are a couple of threads in the Icon forum specifically about using that Verizon device on TMo. Some of that may apply to you as well, so it might be worth checking out.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre