Lumia 640xl FAQ

karan madhyani1

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
After much research i've decided to buy lumia 640xl
I have few question's
1.) after installing apps & games on a class 10 sd card ..will apps run fine?
2.) after windows 10 update will the phone run fine.is there any eith technical preview on it?
3.)how is the display?
4.)does on screen keys come in the way of apps or other screens
5.)i m moving from lumia 520.. Is the device too big? For day to day use in train n bus?

P.S-should i wait for new lumia running windows 10 out of the box?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
After much research i've decided to buy lumia 640xl
I have few question's
1.) after installing apps & games on a class 10 sd card ..will apps run fine?
2.) after windows 10 update will the phone run fine.is there any eith technical preview on it?
3.)how is the display?
4.)does on screen keys come in the way of apps or other screens
5.)i m moving from lumia 520.. Is the device too big? For day to day use in train n bus?

P.S-should i wait for new lumia running windows 10 out of the box?

I haven't had an issue running stops from my SD card. I get the occasional "Loading" screen, but rarely.... I'm running the latest W10TP.

I updated to W10TP the following way, everything runs smoothly... Performed a factory reset. Setup as a new phone. Downloaded and signed into the Windows Insider app. Updated to W10TP directly from WP8.1. Performed factory reset again. Setup as a new phone once more. Phone runs very nicely on W10TP. A few annoyances here and there, but they are related to the OS, not the phone.

Display is good...on par with the 1320.

The on screen keys sometimes get in the way of things, but not too often. Sometimes, when looking at pictures, I'll swipe up to bring the buttons up, but I'll accidentally hit the share button. Just got to get used to on screen buttons I guess.

If you're going from a 520, you'll love this phone, in my opinion. It's the perfect size...also, in my opinion. :)

Depends on your budget. I think the next two Windows 10 phones are going to be high-end models with hefty price tags. The 640xl is a very worthy option at a really good price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett