Why do I have Flaky music playback through Bluetooth and how can I make it better?

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Flaky music playback through Bluetooth

I have had my 1520 for about a year and I simply cannot get it to play music through Bluetooth without the sound jumping, dropping out, cracking up, etc etc. I mostly try to use it in my car (with a LG infotainment system). It's a dead loss. Making a BT connection is no problem, neither is speaking through the BT handsfree in my car - just the music playback quality. Grrr.

What I have tried:

1.Now running Windows 10 10166 on the phone. I was hoping that changing from Windows 8.1 might help. No luck. Incidentally, when the phone still ran Win 8.1, I tried resetting it twice (on the advice of Nokia support) - to no avail.

2.I have, about 50 times, removed all Bluetooth connections then re-enabled them in my car and on the phone. No good.

3.I went to our local mobile store and asked an assistant to lend me his Nokia 620 to run a test. Surprise surprise. Same thing happens. He unfortunately could offer no advice.

4.This led me to believe it was an issue with my LG car system. However, when I play music through BT with my old Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or my daughter's IPhone 5, it works without issue. This seems to point to a Nokia hardware issue.

5.I also experimented playing music on a standalone JBL BT speaker. Same problem. Again, points to a hardware issue.

I really like my 1520, but I spend so much time in my car, it really is getting to the point where I'm going to throw in the towel.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Martin

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flaky music playback through Bluetooth

Odd. I have clean BT music from a 920, 635 and 830 to a standalone speaker. So as a rule it works.

Have you checked with your car dealer or online in case an update exists for the entertainment system?

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Flaky music playback through Bluetooth

Sorry, should have added that I have the latest software update on my car system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720