Lumia 640XL availability in the UK

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm really tempted to pick up the 640XL to replace my slowly failing 920, but I really want to have a bit of hands on experience with one just to see how large it is in the flesh before I decide to buy one or go for it's smaller brother, the 640.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that is stocking the 640XL, or is it still only restricted to online stores like Microsoft, Amazon etc?

I've tried asking most of the mobile operators if they will be getting it in store any time soon but none of them seem to know.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
If you near me your welcome to have a look at mine... (sounds rude!)
Newcastle or Cramlington

Thanks for the offer Bazza (ooerrr! 😃)

Unfortunately that would probably be about a ten hour round trip as I'm down in Oxfordshire, very kind of you to offer though.

Out of interest where did you buy yours from, and what phone did it replace?

Bazza1603

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Ps My son has the 640. Very similar except for the camera being better on the XL.

If you can live with the size the 640XL I would go for that one

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info Bazza, I'd been looking at Mobicity and SimplyElectronics but was a little put off by some of the customer reviews, I presume you had no problems?

I've looked at the 640 and it would be a great replacement for the 920, but am reality tempted by the XL, I just need to see one to see just how much bigger it is to handle, pictures on websites don't really do it much justice. I might wait a bit longer and see if the high street stores start stocking it, then again I might not be able to wait that long!

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bazza, I just have a couple of quick questions about your 640XL. Did it come with a UK power adapter, and also do you know if it comes with any kind of warranty as it's imported from outside of the UK? Thanks :)

bigstevenc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Soggs. I also got mine from Mobicity. All went well. Ignore any stated dispatch/delivery date and factor in about 12 days from order. It came with a standard Microsoft UK charger. Microsoft warranty for UK will be invalid as it is a Hong Kong variant. However Mobicity state on their site that they themselves offer at least a 12 month warranty on all products they sell. Not sure how effective this is as this is my first purchase from them. Great phone by the way!

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Soggs. I also got mine from Mobicity. All went well. Ignore any stated dispatch/delivery date and factor in about 12 days from order. It came with a standard Microsoft UK charger. Microsoft warranty for UK will be invalid as it is a Hong Kong variant. However Mobicity state on their site that they themselves offer at least a 12 month warranty on all products they sell. Not sure how effective this is as this is my first purchase from them. Great phone by the way!

Thanks for the reply, I guessed that would be the case with the warranty, I guess you just have to hope nothing goes wrong that you'd need to use it, and after 2 years with a faultless 920 I'd be inclined not to worry too much anyway.

The colour I want is out of stock with Mobicity at the minute, but I have found it on SimplyElectronics for ?132, but after reading up on them I'm not sure whether it's a bit of a risk. I think they are the same kind of company as Mobicity, just a shopfront for grey imports, but for a ?30-?40 saving over UK suppliers it might be worth the risk. Now I've just got to convince myself it's not going to be too big a phone after the 920!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss