Where to get Lumia 640 Dual SIM LTE in the Philippines?

pdplatypus

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Where to get Lumia 640 Dual SIM LTE (5-inch, not XL) in the Philippines?

Before telling me to contact Microsoft Philippines, I did my best to ask questions to them through their social media pages but I didn't receive a single answer.
Microsoft PH does not even have an email where I can send my query regarding this.

I'm not going to buy at Expansys or any foreign online retailer since their warranties may not be honored here in the Philippines or my purchase may be subject to high customs tax especially that majority who works at the customs are a gang of scumbags. I'm not also choosing the ones listed at Lazada since they are not covered with local warranty.

Apparently, 640 XL is the only model that is available in most stores and when I asked them, some say that Microsoft Philippines decided not to release the smaller variant or some say that they still have to wait for further announcements and some are just scratching their heads. (nganga)
The phone is okay for me but it's just damn big that's why I want the smaller one.

The Lumia 540 could have been a good pick but I won't spend Php 8,000 for a phone that can't decode or record 1080p videos. There are many smartphones that can do such for the same price or lower with the same or similar kind of optics.

As I checked Microsoft Mobile's Philippine webpage, it happens that the Lumia 640 Dual SIM LTE is part of the list. I also checked their software support page and it happens that it is available in the country with a model number RM-1075.

Link: Availability in Asia Pacific - Microsoft - Global

I just hope that they would bring it here or atleast, the 740 would have Dual SIM LTE.
If not, I'll just switch to Cherry Mobile Alpha Prime 5.
I can still wait though since I want my new phone to have Windows 10 Mobile out of the box.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
WP_20150511_18_39_23_Pro.jpg

The phone in the lower row second from the left is a Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM. The front of the box only says Lumia 640 XL, but the writing at the side adds "Dual SIM".

This photo was taken in 3/f of Glorietta (not sure if it is Glorietta 2, but it is near Buffet 101, in between the Pet Store (in front of a Salon) and the Japan Store where everything is at PhP 88.00. It's the same Glorietta where DQ and Sbarro are located).

Looking at the photo, Buffet 101 and the Japan store are to the left, while the pet store and the salon are to the right.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Either I misread your post since I was sleepy at 4:31AM, or that it was updated to reflect the non-XL preference.:cool:

At any rate, I'll let you know if I happen to see one.

Gino DC72

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Looking/ waiting for this as well. My wife's birthday coming up and though she likes the 640xl, its simply too big for her to comfortably use. Im not entirely sure I agree with Microsoft not releasing or releasing this late in our country. Im sure there are a lot that would be attracted by the 640's value. Its a budget L830 with dual sim and lower specced camera.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking/ waiting for this as well. My wife's birthday coming up and though she likes the 640xl, its simply too big for her to comfortably use. Im not entirely sure I agree with Microsoft not releasing or releasing this late in our country. Im sure there are a lot that would be attracted by the 640's value. Its a budget L830 with dual sim and lower specced camera.

Let me segue into welcoming you to Windows Central, Gino DC72!

(And yes, I'll be out tomorrow and will update you guys when I see an L640).

pdplatypus

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
There could be a possibility that "Premium Mobile" may offer the smaller variant since I've seen that their Lumia units are usually imports from China, Hong Kong or Singapore.

They are the only ones who offer an openline Lumia 735 here in the Philippines.

Gino DC72

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to it! Been enjoying both L640xl and L830. Having seen the pictures, my wife usually insists that I bring my L830 on trips or occasions where good / low light photos are important. It beats slinging a dslr (especially with two little children) or shoehorning a 3/4ths into my pocket! L640xl photos are otherwise good enough for everyday use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb