**Thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640XL please give me your experiences with it be it good or

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just as the title says I'm looking to upgrade from my Nokia Lumia 520 and I want to get a phone that's been just as reliable and long lasting battery life as my 520. Let me know your thoughts. I am thinking of getting it in Orange.

Thanks so much.
?ire

coconutxyz

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Coming from iphone 5 these are the cons that i noticed:

1. Blurry text. i know i cant compare it with retina screen but glance screen text is jagged, text in windows central app is blurry and looks like it is cut in half
  2. stutter when scrolling, especially when you are holding your thumb on the screen and slowly scrolling it.
  3. background apps. THe iphone 5 can resume apps quickly and continue what i was doing but 640 xl will show resume screen/loading screen
  4. Apps. i dont use many apps but i cant even find a decent rar file comic reader. I am using cover now which i think is the best but it tooks very long to render pages, crash consistently. Other than that is readit which stutter when scrolling and loading comments
  5. Touch sensitivity. i dont think 640xl recognize touches that well. A short swipe will sometimes recognized as a tap.

These are the major things that i encountered. I may upgrade to the new flagship or back to iphone. All i want is smooth experience.

Hong Yun-seong

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I used to own a Lumia 520 as well. I am using a Lumia 640XL Cyan now. Read the post of coconutxyz. Don't know what Lumia 640XL he is using (if he is even really using one at all) but I completely disagree with what he says about the Lumia 640 XL. SURE the Lumia 640XL is not a flagship phone, but after using it as my everyday phone for about 2 months now, I would definitely recommend it if your planning on buying one. You May watch video reviews of the phone to know more about what it can offer. So far, I am not disappointed with it's performance.

TT_GENERAL

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It's a good choice. Light weight. Amazing battery 🔋 life too. I used the black for months before my colleague forcefully bought 😊. Orange is beautiful too. I say GO FOR IT.

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
On my 640XL The text is not blurry, the screen is scrolling smooth, the touch sensitivity is good, the screen resuming quickly from any apps.
Definitely moving from the 520 to the 640XL will be good.:smile:
I have owned recently the 1520 and few year ago the iphone 5S, and I have decided to move to the 640xl because I have some issue with the network reception and the ghost touch screen with the 1520.
I am very satisfied with the phone knowing also I do no have to spend all my budget on "a" phone:
I can call people or receive a call, I do not have to charge the battery every night, I have my personal sim card and my business sim card in so I do not need two mobile phones, The 4g and H+ capabilities and the wifi is good enough for me to received/send emails, read the news, upload the photo to onedrive, I like the selfie 5MB camera and the 13MB camera which can give me some good picture if I do not move , Skype is ok, my 64GB micro SD card compensate the 8GB internal, the display quality is good for me with not too much finger print (oleophobic coating) and readable outside with sunshine.
This is not a ?600 mobile phone but for ?140 I think this is a very good investment and should be for a lot of people.

coconutxyz

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame the 640xl. In fact I got one due to getting bored of iphone. To be honest it I definitely not as smooth as iPhone due to it's price tag

smunro622

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I use the 640 XL for a everyday device, i sync my MS band with it also.I came from a 640xl from a 1520 when mine died, it does 90 % of what my 1530 did. The only issue i have run into is that my LG HBS800 head set wont pair via blue tooth. Overall I am happy i was a Note 4 user previous and want want to windows 10 to launch to make the phone even better.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I used to own a Lumia 520 as well. I am using a Lumia 640XL Cyan now. Read the post of coconutxyz. Don't know what Lumia 640XL he is using (if he is even really using one at all) but I completely disagree with what he says about the Lumia 640 XL. SURE the Lumia 640XL is not a flagship phone, but after using it as my everyday phone for about 2 months now, I would definitely recommend it if your planning on buying one. You May watch video reviews of the phone to know more about what it can offer. So far, I am not disappointed with it's performance.
yes I don't think he really has a 640xl either as I don't experience any of the issues he has, I also have an iPhone 6 and really don't think that screen is much different than the xl's considering the size difference, and the xl runs windows 10 very smoothly which is also another bonus for a budget device.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
is funny cause I find the 640XL running widows 10 to be just as smooth as my iPhone 6, the screen is better and easier to read stuff. The camera takes better pictures than the iPhone 6, some apps are faster at opening on the iPhone 6 but you would expect that comparing a budget device to a "high end" device. For the money you cant beat the XL in my opinion.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I own an iPhone 6 presently alongside the Lumia 640 XL and a Lumia 1520(though If I am lucky, it will have been sold by tomorrow <3)

That being said, let's say this for the most part...the iPhone is a high end device thus it performs as such and it can be smoother a times than the 640 XL.

However, I've noticed(At least with the 6) the performance on the iPhone is not consistent and I have noticed many times where it performs subpar(usually lag/slow transitions) where as the 640 XL is a solid all around consistent performer.

Great phone, Great camera for the price and despite having weaker specs such as the processor I do find it better than the iPhone 6(so of course that means i'd find it better than the 5).

It's only main weaknesses is its lack of a retina type display and text CAN be a little jagged. That being said, I have been doing a lot of browsing on the iPhone 6 the last 2 weeks and while the text is clearer, it is also incredibly small that I 'd rather have the bigger screen with slightly jagged text as it is a lot easier to see..and enjoy what I am reading.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Dump the 520 immediately and move to the 640XL.
I have to say the 520 was a stellar phone.

Ha ha I love your honesty. I have had no trouble with my 520 in the over two years I've had it. Yes I'm liking the 640XL in regards expandable storage and removable battery.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb