Please help adding Outlook account to 640 XL

fadetobolivia

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

Apologies if this isn't in the right forum, but I got bounced around by MS about 5 times, so I'm not even sure where to put this myself. (I ended up getting disconnected with them after an hour on the phone)

So I purchased a Lumia 640 XL phone yesterday. I am attempting to add my outlook account to it, however after entering my email and password it returns an error of 0x801901f4. When I enter a wrong password, it states that the password is wrong, which at least means my credentials are being verified and that the problem lies beyond that.

A search of that error online just comes back with questions from people as seemingly confused as myself. It appears it may have to do with some sort of billing information which is on file, but I have no idea how to rectify that.

I'm hoping someone either knows how to fix this, or can tell me exactly who I should be contacting.

Thanks, and if I can provide more information, please ask.

Nathan

Edit:
After looking around, I see that others are having this issue in the Windows 10 Mobile forum. I'll discuss this there (I forgot to add above that I am using W10). Please delete this thread if appropriate.

Last edited:

theLonelyGuy

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Login to your primary outlook account from PC, goto "Account Settings-->Security & Privacy-->More Security Settings--> Enable Two Step Verification".

After enabling two step verification, now you can login via Mail app from phone. It worked for me.. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss