Preparations for Lumia flagship (950)

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Finally, Microsoft will have expandable storage in their two upcoming phones.

I will get the smaller 5.2" screen Lumia 940 or 950 (whatever they call it). I'm already scoping out fast Micro SDXC cards. My Windows tablet by Lenovo uses a Lexar 128MB 633x (90+ MB/s) card which works pretty good. I did see that they came out with an even faster version at over 150+ MB/s card.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3161202

However, where do you find UHS II or U3 specifications for phones? From what I'm reading, the faster speeds are only supported if the device supports the same standards. Granted, I'm assuming these flagships would support those standards, but I'd rather make sure. I'd prefer that the phone doesn't have any lag due to the SDXC card not being fast enough (like my old Samsung Focus did).

Does anyone know where you find more info about phone SDXC card information?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you might be jumping the gun here.

I'd wait, prices for cards would've probably gone down by then too.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
However, where do you find UHS II or U3 specifications for phones? From what I'm reading, the faster speeds are only supported if the device supports the same standards. Granted, I'm assuming these flagships would support those standards, but I'd rather make sure. I'd prefer that the phone doesn't have any lag due to the SDXC card not being fast enough (like my old Samsung Focus did).

Does anyone know where you find more info about phone SDXC card information?
Finding these specs can be a challenge. I've been trying to find similar specs for my Surface Pro 3. The manual says the microSD port supports microSD, microSDHD, and microSDXC, but doesn't say what interface speeds are supported. I'd hate to drop the $$ on the fastest card only to have the bottleneck be the card controller. Until the phone specs are released, it's only a guessing game what interface speeds will be supported.

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Some research showed that the UHS-II standard came out in 2011. Plus, any card is fully backwards compatible. One interesting thing is that UHS-II mandates a minimum 30 MB/s transfer rate compared to UHS-I (Class 10) which has a minimum 10 MB/s rate.

Also, I would think that USB drives would work fine with Windows 10 Mobile so I would probably pick up a USB 3.1 flash drive like this too.

513Gxw6jjJL.jpg

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Actually, I'm just trying to spread the cost out by buying accessories first. Rather than use AT&T Next, I may just purchase the phones outright, but they may be in the $500 - $600 range. Add a $120 Micro SD card, $20 for some extra USB Type-C cables, $30-$50 for a USB Type-C flash drive, Continuum add on, Qi charging case, etc., and you can easily push the overall investment to $800 - $900 come release day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss