Why won't a folder on my sd card show in the photo hub folder?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

FOlder on sd cart wont show in photo hub folders.

THe problem started when i bought new sd cart.I transfer my file from old sd cart to computer and then remove it insert new sd card w8 for phone to format it and transfer file back into it(photos.Video.music)everything synced ok except photo photo show in photo hub unter all photo but didn't show in albums.I make a two new folder on sd card on computer naming it Z,Y and planned to set all album here so it would be easier to me to organize file then i created couple folder into each folder added photo into them and into some folder another folder with photo.I unplug usb and checked if everything was transferred good music and video was good but photo doesn't show in album only in photo hub.I tried reformat sd card didn't work
bought another sd card to chek if problem was sd cart still didn't work
Tried to rename a folder on pc ,first time when tried this wp folder on pc freezes couple second and then proceed with rename it didn't work.i try deleting all files and transfer them again didn't work.
On end i tried renaming them once again couple of time and on end it showed folders in album but name on pc was Zte and on phone it show z and second folder Yaa and on phone show Y first name again not a photo was there.
Then after some time i added a couple of new photo on already existing folder and they didn't show up into folder the showed up wind photo hum all photo but didn't show in folder
tried
renaming folder(on pc,and on phone with)
add them in new folder
delete them and add them again
still doesn't show up on album but the show up under all photo
That also show up into files(app)on phone the show in folder like they on pc
They also dont show up in storage sense
also on sotrege sense it show 424mb of orther file on sd cart
PHONE;Lumia 520
os version;8.10.14219.341

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: FOlder on sd cart wont show in photo hub folders.

Just to be sure, have you tried using the Microsoft Files app in your phone in renaming each of the "missing" folders? For example, the folder name is "Personal", then rename it to "Peronsalxyz", launch the Photo Hub so the folders will be updated, and then renaming the folder back to "Personal".

If you've got folders within folders, then it is not enough to rename the parent folder - you have to rename each of the folders that have photos in them.

Don't do anything else.

Thiago_TES

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: FOlder on sd cart wont show in photo hub folders.

Just to be sure, have you tried using the Microsoft Files app in your phone in renaming each of the "missing" folders? For example, the folder name is "Personal", then rename it to "Peronsalxyz", launch the Photo Hub so the folders will be updated, and then renaming the folder back to "Personal".

If you've got folders within folders, then it is not enough to rename the parent folder - you have to rename each of the folders that have photos in them.

Don't do anything else.

didn't work for me on a lumia 535

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss