Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

Whenever I receive a voicemail the only notification I get is a push notification. However, the push notification is coming from "Backup Assistant Plus" instead of from the voicemail app.

If I click the notification that says "You have x new voicemails" I just get taken to my start screen. No app launches. There are no icons or any indications that I have a voicemail in the tile for my phone app or for the voicemail app.

It feels like somehow the backup assistant plus app is intercepting the notifications of a new voicemail incorrectly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the voicemail app from verizon (only one in the store I can find) and that didn't change anything.

I do use Backup Assistant Plus but I'm willing to disable or remove it temporarily if anyone thinks that will help. Any ideas what is going on here or how I can change is so that I can get better notifications about my voicemails?

Lumia 735
    Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2
    Lumia Denim
    07-21-2015 09:22 AM
    I'm glad it's not just me! I'm having the same issue and haven't been able to find a resolution yet.

UPDATE: Called Verizon and it's because I had their visual voicemail set up. they disabled it and now everything's working as it should
    Last edited by RPF75; 07-24-2015 at 04:01 PM. Reason: update
    07-24-2015 12:35 PM
    I had the same problem with my Lumina 735....that is, where I wasn't getting any VM notifications. Nothing on the lock screen,
    Nothing on the tiles. I called Verizon as mentioned in this thread and the (tier 2) tech disabled the basic visual voicemail. It worked....
    now I get all the notifications. He said there is a problem with the software in this phone and/or their VM app. In the future there will be an update and fix so that basic visual voicemail ( which is free) will work on this windows phone.... I'm thinking maybe in Win 10. I really like this
    phone and I'm glad this issue was resolved.
    09-24-2015 10:55 PM