2G phone memory with other files, cannot erase

valyvis10

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
With intelligent storage I found 2G "other files" on phone storage.I try to erase with various applications - no succes.
Erase from computer don't see this files.
The problem is they do not want to do a reset.
Any suggestions / applications to run?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you happen to transfer any photos, files or videos to your SD Card directly from your PC (i.e. by connecting your SD Card directly to your PC)?

valyvis10

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I reset.That is, I had no other choice.
Something strange happened and we concluded that filling phone storage was due because of a cleaning program.
I found this because I installed each application in turn and checked after installation.
:crying:
Thak you and carrefuly with application that cleaning.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I do reset :cry: , now I have 14,65 MB occupied.

That upset me.:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:.

14.65 MB is very very small compared to the total size of most SD Cards - a hard reset may have not been needed at that point. What cleaning program was that? Is it the "Storage Cleaner" app? If yes, then that app indeed intentionally fills up your phone in an attempt to force the phone to make more space by deleting some of the contents in the "others" category. However, that method is old and the native Storage Sense app is capable of reducing the size of the "Others" category just by choosing to delete the temporary files from within the app.

Anyway, it seems that the problem has been dissolved now. Let us know if anything else comes up.

valyvis10

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was upset beacuse that application create 2GB phone storage occupied and I cannot erase.

Yes 14.65 MB is very very small and normal.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
In case you encounter problems with the Others storage section in Storage Sense, you can opt to delete the Temporary Files in your phone which would also clear up some of the files categorized under "Others". No need to use the Storage Cleaner app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos