Why won't my 535 connect to my Windows Vista computer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lots of Lumia problems

(((((( Sigh )))))) Getting sick of this 535...

1, My WINDOWS lumia 535 wont connect to my WINDOWS Vista computer, everytime i connect the pair the computer 'keeps searching for the preconfigured folders' then it says that the phone is ready to use but it doesnt show up in on the computer so cant transfer files.

2, Bt wifi app, isit able to connect to a bt wifi hotspot ? No of course it carnt even though im right next to it, never had a problem using the same app in the same area with android but a 535. useless.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lots of Lumia problems

1. Is the phone up to date? Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone? If so, try a different USB port. If your PC still doesn't detect the phone, you may need to manually install the phone USB drivers. Consult this page for instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2749484

2. Are we talking about Bluetooth or WiFi here? What kind of WiFi router are you using? It has been noted that some of the low end phone models don't support the 5Ghz bands (802.11a).

Stephen Higley1

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I found that although my Vista OS seemed to always want to search for drivers online when ever I connected new devices, when the 'Computer' pane was opened, my windows 10 phone was found under 'portable devices'(bottom of pane) rather than under the anticipated 'devices with removable storage'.

I know not much is available on this subject probably because it does not take too long to realise that Vista does recognise the device. But then my OS is becoming a tad unstable.

Also, I did change the usb cable to a compatible 'power and data' cable. I used my samsung tablet data/pwr cable, same thing terminal wise and technically speaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss