Screen goes dark when I get a call??

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just had the phone for a few days but whenever I get (or place) a call the, screen goes dark immediately after I answer the call. If I double tap the power button twice quickly it will come back on but just very briefly, not enough time to even switch over to speaker.

I'm thinking a defective unit with bad sensor??

Any thoughts before I return this for a replacement?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Just had the phone for a few days but whenever I get (or place) a call the, screen goes dark immediately after I answer the call. If I double tap the power button twice quickly it will come back on but just very briefly, not enough time to even switch over to speaker.

I'm thinking a defective unit with bad sensor??

Any thoughts before I return this for a replacement?

Isn't that normal? When you incall mode the sensor will switch off the display if the screen goes closewith your ears?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have several other windows phones, 920, 640XL, 1320, 635, etc. - the screen stays on with all of them during a call (when not at my ear).

Even when the phone is away from my ear the screen is dark on this BLU phone, can't even end a call unless I do the double tap on the power button to bring the screen back up, and then act quickly because it only stays up for a very short time (about two seconds).. No way to switch to speaker, Bluetooth, etc.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts exactly!

Remove any screen protectors, and clean the screen for starters. But I think its just defective.

Thanks,

No screen protector, just had the phone for a few days, contacted Microsoft for a replacement.

I miss double tap and glance, but otherwise I really like the phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector, just had the phone for a few days, contacted Microsoft for a replacement.

I miss double tap and glance, but otherwise I really like the phone

I would go to BLU for support though.

Probably got it at the Microsoft Store online...

I had a 1st gen Win HD and really liked it. I've got an HD LTE on order from B&H. I have to wait for Orange to come in stock.

Glad you like your Blu, sequoia. Sorry you are having a Proximity fault. Did you try a Hard Reset?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh well. Your next one will be minty fresh.

Hard Reset would be your last resort, but also a way to rule out software as the fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05