Why do I have a sad smiley showing on my Lumia 520?

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Sad smiley showing on lumia 520

I had build 10149 installed on my lumia 520 and i tried doing a hard reset. It showed those spinning gears for a few minutes and then the sad smiley. I removed the battery and put it in again but the same thing continued to happen. Please tell me what can i do to make my phone normal again.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If you plan to restore your data, then you will need an internet connection. You will need an internet connection long enough to log into your Microsoft Account to set up the phone at any rate, even if you don't do a restore. But that's it. I went somewhere that had Wi-Fi, and when the download was over, I took it offline and came home while it installed. My phone provides the only Wi-Fi at my house through tethering, as the phone is the only data plan we have. No wired service here, except electricity.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The download finished and it was showing 'verifying downloaded files' , then the download suddenly restarted. What should i do now ?

Let it finish downloading. It verifies the downloaded files by their checksums. If it detects that one of the files is corrupted during download, it will have to download that file or files again.

Sorry I'm responding so many hours late. I had to sleep sometime. ;)

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hehe ;) that's ok. At least you are replying. :)
You mean to say that I need to download it all over again ? It restarts the download, i.e, it wants to download 1.5GB once again. Is this normal?

anon(8997573)

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I want you to know something. I had borrowed my friend's phone to use it as a wifi hotspot. But after downloading 1.15GB, he called me up asking for his phone and I had to return it as it was getting late at night. So the download had to be cancelled. I downloaded the remaining 460MB (approx) with my other phone using a 2g connection. It cancelled at least 10-15 times due to the low speed and I had to resume it each time, but the download did finish at one point in time. Could this be a reason why it restarted downloading the files after verification ? I think downloading it in one go should help. What do you say?

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sad smiley showing on lumia 520

More than likely, the interrupt of the download corrupted it. Yes, that's probably the reason.

Not replying much this weekend, as I'm out on vacation. Just dropped by to check up on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon