Just received today my new case (Orange CC-3090)cover for my 640 XL

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes and no, I have had experience with the QI charging with my ex 1520 and I have been disappointed because the charging was very very very slow and perhaps also I was little bit impatient, some time need more than a night to get full charge, so I gave UP. again this is only my own experience with QI charging, perhaps I have a problem with the charger. Also it was a little tricki to put the phone in the correct position to allow the QI charger to detect the phone and start the charging.
So now I am not anymore sure if I would like one or to pay more without to be sure this is going to be OK
It will be very interesting to get some comments and experience with QI charging with phone with big battery (3000ma) similar at the 640 XL?

sip1995

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Great cover, it looks really great and the orange color make the cover even better....btw i just talked with Microsot support and they told me that the 640 xl supports wireless charging, but they didn't make the covers yet...

karan madhyani1

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Btw how is the phone... Would you recommend it?

P.S-just read a critical article article about how bad is future of windows 10 mobile.. Worried..

Should i go for this device?

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I generally give out three suggestions when it comes to phones

1. Buy
2. Hold off (for now)
3. Do not buy

If you are in the market for a new phone and your budget allows you to purchase a device for around $250 (US price) off contract, I would say buy. If you are currently under contract and want to just use an upgrade to defer the cost of the phone, hold off for now because there are premium devices that are on the horizon although their release is TBD. If the concern over the future of the Windows Phone platform has you worried, or you have heavily invested yourself in other ecosystems (Android, Apple) do not buy.

I would rate the Lumia 640 XL a solid 8.5/10, a recommended buy for anyone in the market for a new device that doesn't want to lock themselves into a contract. It's a nice, larger screen device with a stable mobile OS. If you use phones like this to better organize your life and surf the web, you will enjoy it. If you are a serious gamer, you might find the library lacking. While the 13MP camera has Zeiss optics and has generally been a solid performer for me, it isn't a Lumia 930 / 1520. You don't have a 20MP PureView camera, but a competent one nonetheless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon