Why has my touchscreen become unresponsive when Cortana launches?

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Touchscreen becomes unresponsive, cortana launches and ...

Hello guys. I am a super ashamed and regretful owner of lumia 1520. Sometimes in my pocket, sometimes while I'm working with it and sometimes when it's left on the desk, Cortana launches automatically and Touchscreen becomes totally unresponsive and multitasking sub menu appears. Sometimes screen contents start to rattle... and it's aweful...

The only thing I can do is to hold power button and restart the phone.

Any idea what I can do? Do you think it's a software fault or hardware?

Running 8.1 denim latest update.

Regards :)
Shayan

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touchscreen becomes unresponsive, cortana launches and ...

Hello guys. I am a super ashamed and regretful owner of lumia 1520. Sometimes in my pocket, sometimes while I'm working with it and sometimes when it's left on the desk, Cortana launches automatically and Touchscreen becomes totally unresponsive and multitasking sub menu appears. Sometimes screen contents start to rattle... and it's aweful...

The only thing I can do is to hold power button and restart the phone.

Any idea what I can do? Do you think it's a software fault or hardware?

Running 8.1 denim latest update.

Regards :)
Shayan

Turn off double tap to wake up, the screen is highly responsive so as it touches any part of ur body it turns on the screen and Cortana can launch

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Oh thanks dude. But as I mentioned the problem exists even when the phone is out of reach and on my desk. I realized that the 3 buttons back, start and search are like they are touched and pressed by something and it's not Cortana. The problem is with the 3 buttons.

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I have the same thing, fantastic phone except about one day power week it does this.. But I dropped it from three stories high so I assume its hardware related! Still the phone is scratch free from a fall like that so that's pretty impressive!

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

I have the same thing, fantastic phone except about one day power week it does this.. But I dropped it from three stories high so I assume its hardware related! Still the phone is scratch free from a fall like that so that's pretty impressive!
Oh sad story. You have to worship your device if it's already working after such free fall :D anyway, I will go to a microsoft store when it's available in my country.

g_wells04

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Mine stopped after I turned off glance screen and set the tap to wake and screen sensitivity to normal. Helped tremendously

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

No Microsoft stores in Australia either.. Microsoft really does a horrible job promoting itself here..

I've done all that except glance, I like glance! But the sensitivity and turning off double tap helped alot thanks.

g_wells04

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

I had mine replaced because of that reason also mine would launch the camera and volume control randomly and it all stopped after I changed those settings. Now my screen is shattered and I miss it 😢

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly it happened to me quite a bit. It's due to that Lumia 1520 phantom touch glitch I believe. Look it up on the forums or with bing.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Mine has gotten really bad lately too. Just changed some of the settings as suggested here, so we'll see if it improves. The worst problem I'm having is hate stuttering screen though, and I don't think those setting will affect that problem :(. I am so looking forward to the new phone 950XL coming on the horizon - I will probably jump to it asap (especially if T-Mobile carriers it, so I can have my WiFi calling back!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire