8X questions

anon(9536121)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I acquired another 8X few weeks ago. Last one broke (not literaly, graphic card was faulty producing random pixels), first one I sold when Windows Phone 8 was current, before 8.1.
Meanwhile I used whole bunch of phones, from iPhone 5 to Sony Xperia Z3, but it seems that combination of usability and physical format is great for me with 8X.
Now, I am very happy with this one as I got all services and integrations I need (Office 365, Instagram, Whatsapp, Telegram, Viber...).
What I need is help with Google Talk; please suggest _good_ client with regular notifications. Support for groups is not relevant for me.
After that, is there a way to make google default search engine for Internet Explorer (I also got one Lumia, there is option for that in IE).
What about bing button? Is it possible to readdress it for something else?

Many thanks in advance,
Danijel

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
google talk - why don't you download trials and get the feel yourself.
google in ie - no dice. (I own 2 open 8xs)
remap cortana/bing button - not gonna happen.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
google talk - why don't you download trials and get the feel yourself.
google in ie - no dice. (I own 2 open 8xs)
remap cortana/bing button - not gonna happen.

Back in the old days you could change IE to default to Google but it was removed. You could also change your search region to a region not supported by Bing and pushing the button would open a instance of IE. Not sure if that still works.

anon(9536121)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you guys,
It seems that I am out of luck with gtalk/hang out (irelevant for me, realy)...
I asked about IE and google as there is such option in IE on Lumia 535 DS; it is nothing important realy... :)
I was just hoping about bing button, but whatever... I can live with that at the moment...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers