Lumia 1020's on sale for $139

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
i'd have taken a yellow one in exchange for $10 off. why didn't I get that option? no fair!

I'm told that the black phones wouldn't be available till this coming Monday.
I had the option to wait or take a Yellow one which they had left after shipping the first come first served orders.

Strange because I bought one as soon as I noticed your thread.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
guy i just now noticed this thread, i actually bought this exact model from these guys - it arrived, and has lots of scratches on the screen...just thought i should report that.

i'm not happy about that.

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
well, i received mine today. it is in flawless like new condition, and is indeed black. also it's unlocked, as it's an at&t model, yet it works fine with a t-mobile sim in it.

rfortson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today as well. Black and not a scratch on it. I don't know if it's unlocked as I'm already on ATT. I'll be swapping my sim between my HTC Desire Eye and this 1020. For $139, it was a no-brainer for me. Got a case for $10 and the camera grip coming as well. Think I'll switch over to Windows Phone for a bit and see how it is.

SnuggleTheBear

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I also picked one up. This is my first Windows Phone and replacing my aging Galaxy Samsung S2. I'm enjoying this phone so far. It has a few scratches and wear on the back. In addition, when I look at the screen in complete darkness I can notice a few small black patches of something slightly wrong with the screen. I'm not sure if that is common with AMOLED screens, but I am not able to notice it in any other setting.
So for $139 - $10 = $129, I think it is a great deal. I just have a few questions about Windows Phone in general, that I need to figure out but overall I like the experience.
I'll go ahead and post my questions if someone is able to help.
1. I'm trying to figure out how I can call Skype contacts via my Skype number easily, instead of using the Skype app. I wasn't able to use Cortana successfully when calling from the Skype Number. Nor was I successful in using the "People" app and call via Skype number.
2. Also I'm trying to figure out how to label a Wi-Fi network as a metered connection or maybe label it as a hotspot so I can treat it like the mobile network (and not automatically download podcasts when it sees a Wi-Fi connection).

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to double post my questions on two different threads.

Last edited:

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine, after reading this thread I was a bit concerned it would be beat up, but resigned to deal with it, after all it is a cheap used phone.

It is in excellent condition, I see no marks on this at all, the screen looks good, no complaints here.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Used to have this phone. I really loved it and would've never given it up if not for the lack of external storage. For such a low price I might just keep one around though.

jmudrick

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Bought one of these and the audio went out completely. Tried resets and the usual back flips. Microsoft replaced the device no questions asked. Happy camper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes