Pen for the 950XL?

Slatergs

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
According to what windows central and Daniel Rubino have been posting, it will use the same pen. I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted sizing a bit but they should be interchangeable from what I've read.
Enjoy carrying just one pen :)

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's what I hope happens too. One pen, use my surface and phone all in one. Damn, I am glad they announced this phone before I bought the android phone I was looking at.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Edit I was mostly wrong. Bluetooth is only for the top button to work, the Surface pen works without Bluetooth just for writing.

Original Post
I wondered about this because the pen with the SP3/S3 is Bluetooth I think? And Bluetooth devices normally only pair with 1 other device at a time.

If that is true then I think it will be a hardware limitation and there won't be anything MS can do but I hope I'm wrong because I really want a single pen as well.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Edit I was mostly wrong. Bluetooth is only for the top button to work, the Surface pen works without Bluetooth just for writing.

Is the SP3 pen battery just for the buttons? I don't see them shrinking the current battery filled pen much to make it fit with a phone...

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is the SP3 pen battery just for the buttons? I don't see them shrinking the current battery filled pen much to make it fit with a phone...
Not just. The N-Trig digitizer used in SP3 needs a battery powered pen also for the basic functions. So, no chance of a pen silo in the phone, but if the phone has buttons only on one side, a folio case with a pen holder on the other side would work nicely.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It definitely needs a pen holding solution that isn't a "use this cheap 3M sticky pad with an ugly elastic loop." I'd be ok if it can be stored inside a case that also allows you to see the front of the screen (mesh, cutout hole...).

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Bigger question, Pen for 950? It has a 5.2" screen which of the same size as the original galaxy note. Why not include the pen?!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Bigger question, Pen for 950? It has a 5.2" screen which of the same size as the original galaxy note. Why not include the pen?!

When the original note was released it was a HUGE device xD 5 inches is no longer "huge" haha. My partner's Z Ultra 6.44 inch screen is huge xD It still fits in the pocket, too. But good luck sitting down with it xD Anyways, back on point... I think that's why...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes