Why does my Nokia Lumia 635 keep resetting around 3-4 time a day?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 635 keeps resetting around 3-4 time a day

Nokia Lumia 635 keeps resetting around 3-4 time a day even when working with the phone. I've done a hard reset several times via the menu on the phone, now getting fed up. Phone was bought 2 weeks ago

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 635 keeps resetting around 3-4 time a day

Constant resets throughout the day mean there is a hardware issue with the phone. Did it get wet? Or has it been doing it since you bought it? Getting it wet will void the warranty, and dealing with resets would be the most fortunate circumstance out of what can happen.

If you have a microSD card installed, and if the phone worked for a period of time before it started acting up, then it could be that you installed one of the many "fake" SD cards that are sold through various retailers. It fills up to a point, then begins corrupting the data, causing OS errors and reboots. Uninstall any apps on the SD card and move them to the phone. Then, remove the SD card and reinstall the apps on the phone. If this fixes your errors, then you had a bad SD card, and the phone should be fine to continue to use. Get a new, valid SD card for the phone.

If you aren't using a microSD card and the phone hasn't been dropped or gotten wet, then I would recommend having this phone repaired/replaced under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05