Is the HTC One M8 on Verizon a good choice at this point?

h2d2

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I would love you get one of the new flagships, but I am locked into a corporate plan with Verizon. Since it doesn't look like Verizon will be getting the new Lumias, should I just go ahead and purchase the M8? It seems to be eligible for the Insider builds.

FYI, I am currently using a Lumia 928 with a faulty earpiece. The only thing I am aware I'll be losing is wireless charging.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a fast phone that is still flagship level. Should run WM10 very smoothly when released (and as you say, you can run Insider builds too).

Lots of accessories because shared with Android version...

But only you know what you need :)

h2d2

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Do you think I should wait a month to see if MS and Verizon sort it out about the Lumias? Also, do you think the M9 will get a Windows 10 version?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Anything can happen with Lumias, but Verizon's lukewarm handling of the Lumia Icon doesn't suggest that a version of the 950 will come to Verizon. The M9 isn't exactly lighting the Android world on fire, so again, that doesn't seem likely, but it could be quietly in the works.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
From rumors on windows central from sources that have proven correct in the past the m9 and the LG g4 will be coming to Verizon with windows 10 in September or October.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Get yourself a Lumia Icon if you can or an Ativ SE by Samsung...easily much better devices imo :)
I would love you get one of the new flagships, but I am locked into a corporate plan with Verizon. Since it doesn't look like Verizon will be getting the new Lumias, should I just go ahead and purchase the M8? It seems to be eligible for the Insider builds.

FYI, I am currently using a Lumia 928 with a faulty earpiece. The only thing I am aware I'll be losing is wireless charging.

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Good choice-the cost is down and if you listen to music or watch movies/video content without headphones, having two separated speakers facing the listener makes a difference.

rtwright68

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I really like my M8. 2GB of RAM, plus the storage and expansion have been great (I have a 64GB SD card installed). Fast in 8.1 and runs good with the preview build 10512 of Win10M (outside of the nagging issues). Screen is great, feels good in the hand as well (I did purchase a case for better grip/protection).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans