Upgraded my girlfriend's HTC One M8 - Lost contacts! :( How can she get them back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Upgraded my girlfriend's HTC One M8 - Lost contacts! :(

Upgraded my girlfriend's HTC One M8 last night and she has told me this morning that she lost all of her contacts. I have had her try searching her contacts as apparently that has worked for several others who had this issue, but no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. She is on the Slow Preview track if that helps.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Upgraded my girlfriend's HTC One M8 - Lost contacts! :(

If you did a hard reset after upgrading and she had not backed up her contacts; it's a good chance they are gone.

If you did not do a hard reset, try doing a soft reset and see if they come back.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Where did she have her contacts saved? If you create a contact, I get prompted to select whether I want to create it in Outlook or my work Exchange account so I'm assuming she has them in Outlook or somewhere. I suppose if she had them ported over from an old phone then they might be gone. (I have no idea what happens when you have T-Mobile or someone else copy your contacts over, i.e. whether it creates Outlook contacts, creates the contacts just on the phone, etc.) If she logs into here MS account on a PC, do the contact show up there?

Also, in the people hub, near the top, there's an option beneath Contacts that says something like "showing some accounts". Make sure all her accounts are selected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss