Wish Me Luck!

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, at the worst I'll have a small WiFi "tablet" (since I don't have a tablet anyways). At best I'll have my first phablet! I figure for $129 it's all good. Will let you guys know.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Received the phone/phablet today. I'll have a week and a half before I have to port over to Cricket wireless, but might do (or rather attempt, lol) it a little sooner. Phone is in new condition as stated and had no trouble connecting to my WiFi.

Quick question for those in the know:

Since the phone was a store demo and right now the ESN/MEID is coming back clean, what could/might suddenly make the ESN bad in a week or two when I go to port? And/or, could the port go through and three months down the road there be an issue with the ESN and I lose service?

Thanks

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, activated the phone on Cricket today with no problem. Great phone for the $129.00 I paid. Not sure it's great for $250.00 though. Pretty laggy on websites and it drives me nuts. I'm very surprised because all I hear about Windows phone is how smooth it is, not so with my 640 XL or the 640 I picked up to compare. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, but certainly there is hesitation/lag when scrolling, far more apparent than I would have expected from all I've read about windows phone.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Is this happening on mobile websites with ads and images or all websites?
My 640 seems acceptable on most mobile websites.

Yahoo, CNET, MSNBC, etc. Not so much after you click on a story and start to scroll while reading (though there is still some very minor lag then too most times), more so on the main pages of these sites. There's a thread out here somewhere with a video of the problem, only they person was experiencing the lag on the home screen whereas I experience it browsing the web. All I know, and I'm serious, my $29 LG Fuel and my old Droid X2 don't lag as much, I just got done comparing all of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett