I think I got took

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If the buyer stops payments, then the device gets black listed and no SIM will work...

I think this is something that we may need to research further.

My previous 830 was in a similar situation. I submitted it for unlock, and it couldn't be done because the previous owner had not completed their Next agreement.

So, I called in and asked what that meant to me - could it be activated, just not unlocked? They told me that it could be activated and used on ATT, but they would not unlock it for me. So, I used it for around 4 months until I could find an unlocked 830 that I could afford.

I just found a transcript from a 1020 that I had that was exactly in this situation. Buyer submitted it for unlock to ATT, they came back and said the Next agreement had not been completed, so it could not be unlocked. Buyer was PO'd because he bought it to unlock and export. In my case, it clearly said in the auction that it was locked to ATT.

Buyer opened a "not as described" return with eBay, which I disputed. Based on this transcript, I won the dispute, and buyer was not eligible to return the item at my expense.

Like I said, I clearly stated "device is locked to ATT".

1020 ATT Transcript edited2.jpg

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I realize that I can still use it on AT&T, but unless the guy pays his bill, i'm going to be stuck to AT&T & not be able to go with any other GSM networks.

This is true. It depends if he advertised it as locked to ATT, or if he said it could be unlocked.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
If ATT will not give up the code because the device is not paid off, does this still work???

yes absolutely, it doesn't have anything to do with AT&T and they GENERATE codes based on your IMEI NUMBER... like I've said I have done 4 or 5 phones and only 1 time they couldn't generate an unlock code...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett