Lumia 1020 and backup and other issues...

jeghegy

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello, thanks in advance for answering my questions...

My Lumia 1020 has been working for little under a year with no issues. About a month ego, it had been updated to Windows 8.1 and since then there's one issue that comes up repeatedly in an undefined frequency. At times, the system just locks up and have to use the "two finder salute" to reboot the phone. It might work for 7-10 days after that and does it again. No rime and reason why, I could be using the camera, just got a text and in the middle of the phone call.

Since it's still under warranty, the phone is going in for repair in the nearest repair center. The plan is to reset the phone and seemingly, let's hope that'll fix it. There isn't many apps on the phone, maybe three of them, weather, PDF, and Transakt, in addition to AT&T/Microsoft installed apps. Most of the latter ones are disable, including Cortana. The phone has 5-6 POP3 email accounts set and that's about all what it has.

None of the phone data and configurations are synced to the cloud and looking for ways to backup email accounts and contacts locally on my PC. The pictures can be backed up on my PC and the repair center can backup and restore contacts, but I'd prefer to do it myself. Is there a way to backup these items locally?

TIA...

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Your contacts are automatically backed up to your Microsoft account.

For other stuff go to settings, backup, apps and settings and then back up now.

Do you mean it's just going in to be reset? As you can do that yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss