Slow charging...

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my Lumia Icon started to charge slowly in my car, battery pack(even 2.1A kind), PC etc. The slow USB charging message always comes up. However charging with the Nokia charger 1.8A is fine though. But, I remember it used to charge fine with most places, only recently I noticed the message showed up more frequently.

Also, anyone knows of any app like Ampere on Android for windows phone? It is helpful to see the actual amp during charging.

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I have problem that is not charging at all. I tryed several 1A chargers, for all of them i get same message "slow charge". I know that wall charger is 1,5A but still 1A should at least charge something. Its not charging, i have battery degradation, no charging.

Edit: Im only talking about car charging

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The quality of the USB cable matters a lot. My "thin" ones (standard one for PCs) give the slow charging message, but my thick ones (way more expensive) do not.

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I did try original one, that is charging my phone everyday. Still same problem. Didnt like iphone becouse i had to buy very good car chargers do to fact they are sensitive to voltage. But this is new level, cant find a charger that would charge this thing

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My 2.1a one always gave that message "slow charge" I upgraded to one of those "Quick charge" chargers (ebay $15), the message goes away and my phone actually charges when I am using GPS, never did that before. :)

And if not using GPS, it does charge a little quicker, not worlds but, a little bit...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tnx for the tip

Sorry, should of been more clear, the I am taking about the official Quick Charge 2.0 ...
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge

You can grab these on ebay and other locations for $15-30, due the the chipset in the ICON, it supports this charger and does make a difference.

There are knock off "Quick charge" chargers that do not do the same thing. A 2.1a charger could be thought of by that as some phones it will charge a little bit faster...(older phones)

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much. Managed to find mentioned car charger for 8$ on ebay. They support chipsets in lumia. Will try samsung charger when arrives. If the issue is still there, will sell it and buy this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05