Lumia icon has Windows 10 mobile issues, can I get some help?

Roman DeSilva

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't help but feel like windows 10 mobile WILL NOT COME TO THE LUMIA ICON. The build just prior to the latest windows 10 mobile build (10166) ran on my phone a bit choppy but it at least ran. 1 Major bug that I had was with the start screen. It simply took forever to load. I though that the following update 10166 would fix that. The problem got WORSE. The start screen wouldn't load at all. It hangs there saying resuming or something for hours on end. Pulling down the action center results in it sliding back up. So I have to act fast in order to get the settings. I've reset the phone from it's settings and then restored from a backup. This seemed to work until I changed my start screen wallpaper. Then the exact same issues started back up again. Start scene won't load. The odd thing is that on windows phone 8.1, the start screen would occasionally take it's sweet time to load up as well. This is why I think that the icon will not get the update to windows 10 mobile. Because something about the Verizon version of the LUMIA 930 (which is actually called the 929) was built wrong. I've never dropped and its never gotten wet. It's as good as the day I got it from the store. So.... yeah! The 929 aka: Icon is a buggy mess on windows 10 mobile. Is there a way to fix this or does anyone else agree with me that it won't get the windows 10 mobile update?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia icon has windows 10 mobile issues

You might want to reset without restoring a backup afterwards :) or reset with a backup and leave the wallpaper alone lol

I've seen a few Icon users complain, but then again the bugs are different for everyone

Edit: my 920 before the dev prev update never had a "loading" issue :/ and my current 635 on denim doesn't either

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Always hard reset and like ven07 said dont restore backup that will mess up your phone

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Why would it not come to the Icon? You have to remember... these are test builds. Rumor has it Windows 10 Mobile won't even release until November, so they have 3+ months to work out the kinks. And the Icon isn't the only one that needs some major work.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

My Lumia 625H can't send SMS since begining. But it's beta build. Unlike desktop version mobile version still in development stage. When it finish you'll enjoy it

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I found 10166 over all worked pretty good but, it was the minor bugs and battery life that made me roll back to 8.1. As 10166 looks a little more refined, I think it's not 100% ready for a daily driver who needs a 100% dependable phone.

I have an ICON as well. Play with it for a bit, cool but, be prepped to roll back if you need that stable phone.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I found that not using a background image keeps the loading loop from happening. It's been over 24 hours since I've had a loading loop issue. I think it the OS is having issues rendering the start screen icons AND background image. I've tried the same image sized to three different resolutions and file sizes. Just so you know, 10512 doesn't fix the loading loop issue either.

There are some other issues I've run into, but are relatively minor when compared to the loading loop. For example, if I take a photo or record a video and then try to share to Facebook or Instagram it crashes and doesn't upload the photo or video. I have to go into the photos app and share from there.

And like DavidinCT the battery life is bad. I went from 100 down to less than 15% in less than 3 hours and it took quite a while (over 3 hours) to recharge.

Soccerfan1309

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the Lumia Icon and build 10512. The previous version i loaded without doing a hard reset and it was buggy. When i performed the hard reset, i had no issues with back ground issues. Battery life on 166 was not the best, but it did not drain down to 15% in three hours. I have since upgraded to 10512 and did this via doing the upgrade then performing a hard reset after the update. I did not restore any backups. It takes longer but you have far less issues. I have not tried the background picture in this build so i can not speak of your looping issues. Battery life seams better. Issues with outlook running three accounts, its a little buggy.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am running 10512 on Verizon Icon as my primary driver. No major issues, this is the best build by far. Battery life also much better. Everyone MUST hard reset, after the update and DON'T restore from Backup. I had to reset twice before it works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs