Always thought I wanted a Phablet...

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
So like the title says, I always "thought" I wanted a phablet, but since getting the 640 XL (and only using it on WiFi for a few days, haven't decided if I will switch from Verizon to AT&T yet)) I realized this thing is huge and heavy (in comparison to my other phones). Not so much a problem in using it, but in carrying it around. Yes, it fits in all my pockets, but it feels like a brick and looks like a book in my pocket!

Questions:
Have any of you bought the 640 XL and decided it was too unwieldy and got the 640 (or other smaller phone) instead?

Or
Have any of you had the same concerns as me, but got used to it's size and love it now?

Thanks

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I went from the 520 to the 640 xl and at first I thought it was enormous. That lasted less than a day. You'll get used to it quick. I'll miss the bigger phone as go back to a 920 until Cityman comes out.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I went from the 520 to the 640 xl and at first I thought it was enormous. That lasted less than a day. You'll get used to it quick. I'll miss the bigger phone as go back to a 920 until Cityman comes out.

Yo lost me there. You went back to the 920? What happened to the 640 XL?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I should have explained. I have three major issues with the 640 XL. First off, I got the dual sim model and swapping between sims is an exercise in frustration. You're literally better off getting a single sim phone and physically swapping them out. Second, the screen is having major issues after just 2 months of use. It 'flickers' when I touch the screen and the WORST part.... the screen already has a yellow 'burn' spot in the upper right hand corner. Of course because I bought an international version via eBay, no warranty.

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this can help: if you bough it from eBay you should ask a copy of the original invoice (I did it with my 1520), now about the warranty you should call microsoft because as far I know it is covered.
With the dual sim I can choose at any time which sim you would like to use for a call / sms, and better you can allocate a phone contact to a sim by sliding the sim button at any time:
Dual sim a.jpgDual sim c.jpgDual sim d.jpg

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have phones of several sizes including a 1320, 640, 640XL and a BLU Win HD LTE.

I found the 1320 a bit too big, but just the slight size reduction of the 640XL makes it feel much better to me - I like the size.

I'm using mine with one of the Microsoft flip cases. Nice protection without adding much bulk - wish I could find something similar for the BLU

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware of how to switch between sims, the problem is that when I switch data sims, it flat out doesn't work until I reboot the phone. A pain to say the least. I will be calling MS AGAIN because each rep seems to give me a different answer about the warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234