Nokia Lumia 830 - Dead Pixels?

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have what I think are multiple green dead pixels on my screen, I have the odd red on too. I sent my phone off to get repaired under MS warranty to the Anovo Repair Centre but they returned it saying that they could find no issue with my screen. As soon as I turned my phone back on I could see them again. They are mostly visible when the screen is projecting a black background.

I've included pictures below.

Does anyone else have this issue, and should I re-contact MS Repair?

WP_20150804_005.jpgWP_20150804_010.jpg

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes, happened to me 3 times now.... you should send it in for repair again. When this problem first occurred for me, it took the service 3 times to ''find'' it and repair it.

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Those are stuck pixels, not dead pixels. And yes, it's a common thing on the 830. Since it's the "affordable flagship," they cut some corners on build quality to keep up elsewhere with specs. I just tap the area where the stuck pixels are with something hard and blunt (3.5mm headphone jack seems to work well) and they go away for me

ankitmav87

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hii every one,

I am also facing the same issue as pictures uploaded by Alibone.Suddenly from nowhere these defective pixels appeared on my LUMIA 830 screen overnight.
There was no physical impact on the device.Also tried various pixel fixer videos from youtube & all pixel fixer apps on store.
Is there any particular App or anything related to OS or maybe firmware which triggers these pixels malfunctioning as my 830 is 7 months old.
Is this repairable or sending the device to nokia care is the only alternative?
Pls help :)

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
ankitmav87 - Pixel Test made no difference.

I took my Lumia 830 in to a Nokia Care Point today and they said that as I had sent it through Microsoft's system I would need to contact them again, whereas if I had done it through Nokia Care they would have repaired it in the store for me.

I will contact MS warranty again and see how I get on.

ankitmav87

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hii Allibone,

Pls update on the issue on the repair procedure once done...whether replaced or repaired within the store itself....fingers crossed 😊
Awaiting your valuable feedback..

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
OK, to update, I sent my phone away a 2nd time, I included a full story describing how I had taken it to Nokia care etc, I also printed the pics I posted above and included them. I received an email back last week saying that my phone had been repaired and I finally got it back tonight.

Instead of repairing my phone MS have sent me a brand new Lumia 830, it even came with a spare battery so now I have two. They don't send you a fully boxed phone, just the screen/body of the phone. When you send it off to be repaired you have to take out the battery, sim and SD card, and remove the back cover.

All in all I'm pretty happy, it took longer than expected but is finally resolved. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss