Went to a Asus Zenfone 2 now I'm back...

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Great device but android just doesn't do it for me anymore... So I sold it and bought another 640 new from WalMart and guess what... I got another year of office 365 for free... Now with the purchase of my Stream 11, my old 640 and now another 640 I have it until 2018... Great deal if I do say so myself... Now I just have one gripe that I miss about the zenfone 2 and that was the fast charging... Does this phone have a charger that can charge phone faster than the normal 3 hours the charger that came with the 640 does... Damn I missed windows mobile and it was a 5 day try lol

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Included charger with the GoPhone version is horrible. I don't know what the max amperage at which the 640 charges, but I'd bet it's a lot more than the 750mah output the included charger gets (at least if I'm remembering it correctly).

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Get a 2000mah charger and it'll help some. It's never going to be like quick charge on something like a s6 though. Then again, the 640 actually has excellent battery life so it doesn't really matter. You are not going to kill it in a day, you're just not, so simply charge it while you sleep.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Great device but android just doesn't do it for me anymore... So I sold it and bought another 640 new from WalMart and guess what... I got another year of office 365 for free... Now with the purchase of my Stream 11, my old 640 and now another 640 I have it until 2018... Great deal if I do say so myself... Now I just have one gripe that I miss about the zenfone 2 and that was the fast charging... Does this phone have a charger that can charge phone faster than the normal 3 hours the charger that came with the 640 does... Damn I missed windows mobile and it was a 5 day try lol

Funny, I bought both the 640 and the 640 XL and I'm considering going back to Android.. and soon. Why?

1.Lag/stutter on both phones when scrolling websites. (my $29 LG running Kit Kat does not lag when scrolling).

2. Voice to text: It's a time consuming incomplete mess that takes repeated taps per text message if it's longer than one sentence. It's MUCH better implemented on Android. (This feature is HUGE to me as I use it more than any other)

3. Battery life (with Cortana off): Both phones have been sitting unused for 1-1.5 hour/s and have lost 10% of their charge. My LG would lose 1%-2% in that time and my old droid X2 a little more.

4. Privacy: Can't download any apps from store unless you give up location based privacy. Others are free to make up their own mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99