Screen Replaced, now have lightning bolt and gears that won't go away

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So I replaced the screen on my 920 and put it all back together and thought I was set. I was using the phone fine for a day or two, then all of a sudden the screen went to the lightning bolt and gears. I tried the volume down and power button reset about 20 times and it hasn't worked. I took it apart to see if I forgot to connect anything and it all looked good. I connected it to the computer and downloaded the Nokia Care Suite and tried to reset it, but when it would go to restart, it would go back to the gears and lightning bolt screen and the installation/reset would fail. Anybody have any idea how to fix this? Is my 920 a goner? :shocked::unhappysweat::cry: Thank you!

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
This method is good to use if the OS is unbootable
1.Turn off the phone.
2.Press the Power key to turn the phone on.
3.When the phone vibrates, immediately press and hold the Volume Down key.
4.Release Volume Down when exclamation mark ("!") appears on the display.
5.Connect the phone to the wall charger for the remainder of the reset process.

However, this is a hard reset, and if you don't back up your data, you may lose it. Only do this as a last resort. However, if you have the gears turning around for over an hour and can't see any progress, you may have to bite the bullet and go with the hard reset.

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Now it will only do the lightning bolt and gears thing if it's plugged in. Once it's unplugged, it won't even turn on. I think all is lost.

smrutiranjan727

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
This method is good to use if the OS is unbootable
1.Turn off the phone.
2.Press the Power key to turn the phone on.
3.When the phone vibrates, immediately press and hold the Volume Down key.
4.Release Volume Down when exclamation mark ("!") appears on the display.
5.Connect the phone to the wall charger for the remainder of the reset process.

However, this is a hard reset, and if you don't back up your data, you may lose it. Only do this as a last resort. However, if you have the gears turning around for over an hour and can't see any progress, you may have to bite the bullet and go with the hard reset.

I have also the same problem in my Lumia 520. I followed your steps, but when I press volume down button nothing happens, I can only see Nokia logo blinking on the screen for infinite times, when I release the key, and press power button then again gear starts rotating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb