Why is my Lumia 830 restarting every 5 minutes?

rdmelo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 830 restarting every 5 minutes

I just bought a new Lumia 830, after my previous one was stollen.
I restored the backup from the previous one, then when the screen was locked it restarted itself.
I installed all the updates. It restarted again. The screen just turns on with the Nokia logo, and then Windows Phone boots fast and stays on the home screen. It was also losing cellular signal within few minutes after the reboot.
To do some tests, I restored the default configs and didn't login with my Microsoft account; the phone was normal, no reboot, no lost signal.
Then, I did the reset again, and tried the backup again. It's now rebooting every 5 minutes when the screen is off. If I'm using the phone or the screen is just on, nothing happens. But when the screen is off, the phone reboots every time after few minutes.
There's no microSD inserted, and I'm using a new 4G enabled nanoSIM I got from my carrier yesterday.
Any ideas why this is happening? Won't I be able to restore a backup and use my phone?
Should I just return the phone and try another one or will this always happen with all of them?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 restarting every 5 minutes

If it's having the issue once you restore your backup, then it sounds as if the backup is the issue.

The fact that the issue didn't happen when you didn't restore the backup further shows this to be true.

There is a VERY good chance that restoring to another phone will have the same issue.

rdmelo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

But why is this happening?

I played with the phone a little more. Activated Battery Saver and it stopped rebooting itself for a while.
But after I restarted the phone to install a language pack, it started all over again. The Battery Saver trick doesn't work anymore.
In case it was an app causing this, I disabled all of them in the background. Still no results.

I don't have a problem with using the phone without restoring the phone, all I need are some files and my contacts, and I can transfer them later and synchronize just my Outlook contacts.
But I'm intrigued as to why the phone would behave this way just with restoring a backup.

EDIT: Interesting. Disabled Battery Saver and it's normal again. What is going on with this thing? o_O

Last edited:

rdmelo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Used the Recovery Tool. No results.
To do some more testing, I tried reseting the phone and starting without the backup and this time it kept rebooting the same way as it was without the backup.
So it was something else that stopped the constant rebooting. I don't know if it stops after rebooting sometimes, or is something I do.
My old phone never did this. So I guess it must be a hardware problem.
I'll return it or send to repair.

Thanks for the help.

JayPeaGee

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issues on a Blu Win LTE. Yesterday it was rebooting constantly. Today the battery saver kicks on no matter what the charge, and if I turn it off, the phone goes to zero percent and shuts down. So far keeping battery saver on seems to be the only thing preventing the reboots and shut-downs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss