maps download trouble

Arc Angel 100

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I loaded the large 1.4xx GB Canadian maps file onto my 640, thinking the file would be placed on my sd card (as I had specified in sd card settings), but it didn't install to the sd card - it is on the phone memory.
I now have a huge chunk of phone memory sacrificed to the here+ app and maps - and I can't find out how to delete the file I just loaded.
granted I'm new to the WP environment, as I was an android user - but I'm certain there is a way to do this short of a complete reset.
does anyone have any suggestions?

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
The only way to install map data to the SD card was to use the Lumia Storage Check Beta app. This has however been unpublished from the WP store as of this past March. I switched to Co-Pilot for full time nav myself. I can't afford to have the map data hogging memory on my 8GB L635.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I now have a huge chunk of phone memory sacrificed to the here+ app and maps - and I can't find out how to delete the file I just loaded.

Just goto maps or here+ settings. You can add and remove maps from there. But you cannot move or download maps to SD card atm. Too bad, because that is a major drawback IMHO.

Arc Angel 100

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I deleted it/removed it and will try a different nav app.
Using the 640 as a GPS nav aid isn't a deal breaker, I have other dedicated units - but it was a novelty I wanted to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium